Proposal: Trade: Alex Kerfoot for Luke Glendening or David Kampf

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Looking back on this would the Leafs benefit from making either of these deals before the start of the season? Especially if one were retained 50% imagine all the extra cap space we'd have right now.

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Looking back on this would the Leafs benefit from making either of these deals before the start of the season? Especially if one were retained 50% imagine all the extra cap space we'd have right now.
No, the proposal was bad then and is bad now. You should feel bad, it’s actually awful. Kerfoot is a useful player who is sort of a Swiss Army knife that can move up and down the line up.
Last year wasn’t indicative of the kind of player he can be. Between Babcock misusing him and Barrie from day one to having his face caved in and having to play with a birdcage on.

Reactions: stopclickbait

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Kerfoot brings nothing to the table that can't be had for the league minimum. The only reason he's a Leaf is because it would look bad on Dubas to give away Kadri for essentially nothing and the Toronto media wouldn't let him live it down.

If Dubas was smart, he'd mitigate his losses and move on from Kerfoot. Bring in someone who can actually PK and provide good value. I'd happily take a guy like Derek Grant who can provide great value for half the cost.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
No, the proposal was bad then and is bad now. You should feel bad, it’s actually awful. Kerfoot is a useful player who is sort of a Swiss Army knife that can move up and down the line up.
Last year wasn’t indicative of the kind of player he can be. Between Babcock misusing him and Barrie from day one to having his face caved in and having to play with a birdcage on.
I'm so sick of this narrative. He's done nothing of significance at the top of the lineup as a winger. He has done even less as a 3C and has been vastly outperformed by Engvall when he has Hyman and Soup on that line.

Kerfoot had a few decent games in the playoffs last year and his value saw a bump because he was PKing but this year he's been average at best on the PK. He doesn't produce nearly enough offense and isn't anywhere near good enough defensively to warrant the type of money he makes.

Like I said in my previous post, he brings nothing to the table that we can't get for a guy that's making the league minimum. Heck, I would happily give our prospects a shot over him. I would happily take Robertson or next year bring in a guy like Hallander that we picked up in the Kapanen trade.

For the record. ZACH HYMAN IS A SWISS ARMY KNIFE PLAYER. He's the jack of all trades and does everything for us. Kerfoot is f***ing useless. Just because he can lineup from 1st line to 4th line doesn't mean he's adding any value to those lines. Vesey did the same and now he's no longer on the team. And that's a great thing because he didn't bring anything to the table either. At least he was getting paid league minimum and was claim worthy.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I don't feel bad, I feel good about it.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Kerfoot brings nothing to the table that can't be had for the league minimum. The only reason he's a Leaf is because it would look bad on Dubas to give away Kadri for essentially nothing and the Toronto media wouldn't let him live it down.

If Dubas was smart, he'd mitigate his losses and move on from Kerfoot. Bring in someone who can actually PK and provide good value. I'd happily take a guy like Derek Grant who can provide great value for half the cost.

I don’t think anyone who likes these trades think either Glendening or Kampf are better players than Kerfoot. It was alway about creating cap space while also filling a team need on the PK.

Both Glendening and Kampf would be upgrades to the Leafs PK, and they would have opened up 1.7 and 2.5 million in cap space respectively.

Just swapping Kerfoot for Kampf doesn’t make us better, but it does make our PK better, and whatever you spend the 2.5 million on might easily makes up for the slight downgrade in the 1v1 trade.

Reactions: nobody

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I don’t have any issues with Kerfoot. He’s just meh. He’s not good but he's not bad he’s just okay. The problem is we are so tight up against the cap we can’t afford for meh players to be making 3 million when we need cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad