Speculation: Toughness to Pittsburgh

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Ben Chiarot?

Good top 4 d-man who can fight and hit like a truck.
He has some brain farts here and there but he might be the best player offered in this thread yet lol

Reason why we would trade him? I'd try my luck with Ekholm.
Would take picks back only if possible (if not, the cheapest on the lowest term possible only) because the whole point is to clear cap space.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Do you like having Brandon Sutter but wish he didn't randomly score off the rush every ten games or so?

I was actually asking and not being sarcastic. All I know about him is his first round draft pedigree and had some meh seasons in Calgary before finding his way to Pittsburgh. Sounds like that's the level of capability that we'd be getting in Mark lol (just skating around and trying to make plays but not succeeding).

Darn, if Gaudreau and ZAR are off the table it makes it a lot less appealing. Sceviour, Jank and Lafferty sound too replaceable and don't bring much (if Colton works hard and is defensively responsible, then I'd be open to flipping Roussel and a minimal pick for him). Gaudette is probably already a better player than Jankowski is, and the other two sound really whatever (when we need time to play MacEwen and Motte, so no real interest in those two either).

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
No interest in Roussel or his contract personally
Jankowski likely not in the lineup once it's healthy, has been outplayed by Gaudreau (who also fills his PK role). Jankowski could probably be had for free, but most Pens fans would pay for you to take him. Pretty sure he won't have NHL offers this offseason

Ah I see. Darn, wanted Gaudreau based off what I saw on some YouTube clips; he looks smart out there.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was actually asking and not being sarcastic. All I know about him is his first round draft pedigree and had some meh seasons in Calgary before finding his way to Pittsburgh. Sounds like that's the level of capability that we'd be getting in Mark lol (just skating around and trying to make plays but not succeeding).

I was messing around, but it's actually a fairly accurate assessment of Jankowski's play this year. He's a completely vanilla player that doesn't do much of anything. He's blah like Sutter without the odd goal.

Aside from Sutter the closest I can think of is Philippe Dupuis in Wilkes-Barre while the NHL was locked out in the first half of 12-13. He was injured for like 12 games before I even realized he wasn't playing.

Reactions: PettersonHughes

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I was messing around, but it's actually a fairly accurate assessment of Jankowski's play this year. He's a completely vanilla player that doesn't do much of anything. He's blah like Sutter without the odd goal.

Aside from Sutter the closest I can think of is Philippe Dupuis in Wilkes-Barre while the NHL was locked out in the first half of 12-13. He was injured for like 12 games before I even realized he wasn't playing.

Haha all good, I figured partway in writing my response. We have a $6 million dollar blah who literally does nothing whether he's on the ice or in the press box/ taxi squad, and another $2.55 million dollar blah who's venturing into that territory.

Reactions: Zen Arcade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad