Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Oddly just checked Bruins forum and their vote is Boston in 6..sounds like they aren't saying we suck...our own fans are worse lol well some on here are anyway.

I think if the players, play as hungry as they say they are for revenge we could win this thing. First step take their home ice away..win 1 in their barn. Step 2 win our 1st game at least, in our barn and hopefully both now its 2 to 1 us for eg...we playem at home 2 to 2..our house 3-2 and stun them in there den 4-2. I beleaf

Reactions: willmma

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
We got so much softer on the boards. and that's why Boston will clean our clock. We won't be able to stop their cycle and they'll eat us alive.

Muzzin is just as hard as anything we lost on D.

Tavares is a beast on the boards and better than what we lost at forward.

Stop overating Bostons cycle when the the only pairing dominated by it was Rielly/Hainsey and even they were victims of Brutal forward help as Kadri toom himself out of the series and Pleks was brutal. 3rd pairing wasnt great I guess but was still pretty even possession and scoring chance wise.

Reactions: willmma

TheFloater

May 25, 2008
Mississauga
Of course I have. My point is, why have we looked so inferior? Boston is not a super team.

I think it's a systems and personnel issue. Boston has played the same style of hockey of years, and the younger guys fit in perfectly. The Bruins employ an aggressive forecheck constantly hounding the puck up the ice, and are a well oiled machine in their zone exits and entries. Everyone knows what they're supposed to do and where they have to be.

We may have more offensive firepower than Boston, but the Bruins have their systems down pat. It starts with guys who have been there for years (Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, etc.) and goes on down to everyone else. And, as we have seen before, they know how to take advantage of our passive defensive style as well as how to create turnovers during our stilted zone exit attempts.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I think that game 1 is THE game that will tell us a lot about this team. Forget about the past 82 games. If they show up, and actually play well then maybe we have some hope that they can win. If they get blown out again, then forget about it, it's done.
Yeah I agree. The way they started last season really was too much to overcome. We need to be aggressive and fast and get on top of them quick... put the pressure right on them as the favorites going in

Reactions: CincoHolio

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
LETS GO BOYS!

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Marleau - - - Kadri - - - Kapanen
Ennis - - Gauthier - Moore/Brown

Rielly - - Hainsey
Muzzin - Gardiner
Dermott - - Zaitsev

Andersen
Hutchinson

THERE IS NO REASON THAT WE CAN'T WIN!

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
To those thinking the season matters.

Last yr we won season vs them 3-1
This ur they won 3-1

My point, the season doesn't dictate anything. Even recent play. The leafs played a lot against teams out of it and for some stupid reason they try less.

If we can play like we did against Tampa (minus that late fluke goal) I like our chances

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
either 6th or 7th.

6th I looked

Tampa 128
Calgary 107
Boston 107
Wash 104
Isles 103
Leafs, Pens, Nash 100

Also 3 wins all 82 games more than us doesn't put them a mile ahead. Many of us just have bad memories of the last 2 series vs them..forgetting we took them the distance both times...so obviously we aren't bad..in particular last year hurt because we actually had them down, they came back again late...it stunk too because Freddy was a wall after we went down 3 to 1 in the series all to not be one in the last game but I give him a break on that, we needed to tighten up and we didn't and it cost us late..that's where home ice is huge

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Muzzin is just as hard as anything we lost on D.

Tavares is a beast on the boards and better than what we lost at forward.

Stop overating Bostons cycle when the the only pairing dominated by it was Rielly/Hainsey and even they were victims of Brutal forward help as Kadri toom himself out of the series and Pleks was brutal. 3rd pairing wasnt great I guess but was still pretty even possession and scoring chance wise.
Muzzin doesn't really seem to do well on the boards. I like him though. Tavares for sure. So we got Hyman and Tavares. and maybe ennis who's a buck 70 soaking wet.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
SJ can still pass. they're tied in the 2nd right now.

Who cares lol ...you realise last yr we won the season over Boston 3-1 right? This yr backawards, and if I recall Matty was out 2 of those games. Maybe some foreshadowing...Bruins may expect it, we (fans) don't have high hope's because of 2 yrs being knocked out....oh ya in 7 games...twice lol

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I'll try to make you more optimistic.

Although Anderson had a rough March, Rask has been arguably worse.

Leafs PK has been amazing and the Leafs D was decent overall down the stretch.

The Leafs PP underlying numbers have been the best in the league the last couple of months, they just forgot how to finish for some reason. The amount of unreal saves, posts and missed empty nets has been insane. Scoring chances/60 on the powerplay is miles ahead of anyone else though.

Overall PDO down the stretch is way outta whack to where the team has been the last couple of years. If it reverts to even close to normal, the Leafs would be 5+ point higher at the end of the year.

Leafs puck moving D was pretty much crippled the last month+ which may have accounted for the lack of scoring. Actual defending numbers were as good or better than before Dermott/Gards went down (Muzzin was the best TDL pickup in a long time) Now with Gards/Dermott back, we actually get to see what this dcore can do.

and off course, this should give anyone hope:

Tavares instead of Pleks and Muzzin instead of Polak.

I still think home ice is a major factor and Boston in 7 would be my best guess right now but the Leaf winning wouldnt be a surprise. Was the closest series last year and probably the closest this year.
Ahhh,Thanks...that glass half full really quenched my pessimistic thirst!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Time to put all the stats and excuses to bed.
Let’s see who shows up.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Muzzin doesn't really seem to do well on the boards. I like him though. Tavares for sure. So we got Hyman and Tavares. and maybe ennis who's a buck 70 soaking wet.

Zaitsev destroyed Boston on the boards last year.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Oddly just checked Bruins forum and their vote is Boston in 6..sounds like they aren't saying we suck...our own fans are worse lol well some on here are anyway.

I would assume that Leafs fans have probably watched the Leafs play more often since December than Bruins fans have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad