Series Talk: Toronto vs Boston - Round #1 - PGDT (NOT for other series' discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric bungay

Jun 30, 2018
Problem is we never know which Leafs we are getting, sometimes they look like Cup contenders and sometimes they look like lottery pick contenders. If we play like we did vs NYI (last game) its gonna be a short series for Boston. If we play like we did vs Ottawa, its gonna be a short series for us. If we play to our full potential and they play to their full potential, we win the series.
I totally agree if they can put it all together and play to their potential and not fear the Bruins we could see the second round this year... can't wait till Thursday...lol Go leafs Go

Reactions: mavis

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Tavares, Matthews, Kadri vs Bergeron, Kreji, Coyle. The only guy I would take from Boston is maybe Bergeron. It's debatable who is better Bergeron or Tavares.

Tavares=Bergeron
Matthews >Kreji
Kadri>Coyle

If we had to run Nylander at 3C he is better than Coyle.

Reactions: Bluelines and Havoc

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Problem is we never know which Leafs we are getting, sometimes they look like Cup contenders and sometimes they look like lottery pick contenders. If we play like we did vs NYI (last game) its gonna be a short series for Boston. If we play like we did vs Ottawa, its gonna be a short series for us. If we play to our full potential and they play to their full potential, we win the series.

We beat the Islanders and dominated them last game without our full lineup.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Tavares, Matthews, Kadri vs Bergeron, Kreji, Coyle. The only guy I would take from Boston is maybe Bergeron. It's debatable who is better Bergeron or Tavares.

Tavares=Bergeron
Matthews >Kreji
Kadri>Coyle

I don't think so, Bergeron is the best center for either team quite comfortably.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I don't think so, Bergeron is the best center for either team quite comfortably.
You’d ‘maybe’ take Bergeron lol. Come on. Homer much? I think overall our centre depth is better, but that’s just insanely biased to say maybe I’d take him

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Okay guys whats your predictions. I don't want to hear Bruins in 4, they are too big, and Leafs are soft.
I want to see predictions from the actual rational fans.

Leafs in 6.
I’ve said it all along this is the one team the Leafs can handle and should not be intimidated. I fully expect them to control the series and dictate the play
They will be focussed, will play hard, forecheck, back check, they’ll battle in front of their own net.
I think we’ll see Marchand get a little testy and the Leafs will get him off his game.
They’ll challenge McAvoy and Krug and force them into turnovers
Marner will be an absolute stud.
Tavares will get one OT winner.
Matthews will score a few big goals.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
The key, as always, is goaltending . If Freddy is sub-900 like last year then say good night. If he's super-0.920 then I like our chances.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bergeron is 4th on Canadian centre depth chart after 1.Crosby, 2.McDavid and 3.MAC. Slightly ahead of 5.Toews. Tavares would be like 8-10.

That may be the case but this is his last serious year. Will be 34 and I that typically, well, he is about wind down fast.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

That's what happens when one guy has to play against Hainsey and the other against Chara.

Bergeron is good but we saw how ineffective that entire line was against Tampa when they got destroyed in 5 games.

It's our job to do a better job this time around and not nap for the first two games.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I do not think many understand just what Bracco is capable of producing with a player like Mathews. He is such a fantastic passer of the puck.

I think Bracco will eventually become trade bait after he's showcased on the Leafs because

A) I don't think we can afford to have another small winger unless he absolutely kills it in the NHL.
B) Can be an attractive piece for many rebuilding teams looking to trade. Can make a Muzzin like trade again next season.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I've been here long enough to remember people defending the Kessel deal, Clarkson signing, Burke/Nonis, etc long after it was apparent these were terrible moves. The reality is that yes, there are negative posters on here but there are also blatant homers who never see any fault in the team.

I think it's fair to say that after last year, and all the weapons added to the team, expectations should be higher. Instead, they have been lowered by many on here.

And especially after some of the contracts these kids have gotten, yeah it's fair to ask them to produce.

I think there’s a difference between overall having a critical eye for team decision making and also trying to at least enjoy the playoffs.

I’ll be joining in along with everyone else dissecting the decisions made during the Boston series during the the summer, but I think part of fandom is at least trying to have fun during what could prove to be some of the most exciting hockey of the year. I don’t think some folks around here are capable of having fun watching the Leafs sometimes

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Bergeron is an amazing player, and deserving of high praise, but when comparing vs Matthews I think it's fairly clear that it's Bergeron defensively and Matthews offensively. Just imagine Matthews between Pastrnak and Marchand.

Also, for all the drum beating media makes about that trio having 30 points in the 7 game series and Matthews only collecting 2, vs Tampa that trio had 23 points in 5 games and Kucherov had 2 points. Soo

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I see the top 3 Centers of each team as follows:
1. Bergeron

2. Tavares
3. Matthews

4. Krejci

5. Kadri
6. Coyle

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That's what happens when one guy has to play against Hainsey and the other against Chara.

Bergeron is good but we saw how ineffective that entire line was against Tampa when they got destroyed in 5 games.

It's our job to do a better job this time around and not nap for the first two games.

None of this changes that Bergeron is the best player for either team, he is on par with any offensively the past few seasons and far ahead on defense. We still have the better centers and forward group overall though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad