Dreger: Toronto poking around Matt Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Not trying to pile on, but...

Nick Ritchie
Kadri Trade
Foligno Trade (Basically the entire 2021 trade deadline, really)
Mason Marchment Trade
every single thing you mentioned had minimal impact on us or our ability to move forward. So yeah, what he said stands.

If the Sens retain 39.2% on Murray, to match Mrazek's cap hit of 3.800, what is Toronto willing to give up for the swap?

Cap hit's wouldn't change, and the salaries are almost exactly the same as well (Ottawa saves 520k total) . I assume Ottawa would put in a condition where they get a pick if Toronto buys out Murray (because OTT would be on the hook for 39.2% of that buyout on top of Mrazek's contract in that case).
Mrazek. That's what were giving up. Lol.. We are not taking on the risk and handing out other assets. I mean it's been thoroughly discussed.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
every single thing you mentioned had minimal impact on us or our ability to move forward. So yeah, what he said stands.

Mrazek. That's what were giving up. Lol.. We are not taking on the risk and handing out other assets. I mean it's been thoroughly discussed.

So there's no incentive for Ottawa? lol got it...

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Here's my question... let's say he gets bought out...

What's he realistically signing for? Could he not go out and get a 2-year deal in the mid 3s?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Yeah, not looking good for him and the Leafs right now. No cap space. Suspect goaltending. Same team. Definition of insanity.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Hard pass. Even at his best Murray had problems with rebound control, something Campbell is very good at. I think that aspect led to Campbell's success on the Leafs. The Leafs D isn't strong enough to bail out a goalie giving up second chances

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Hard pass. Even at his best Murray had problems with rebound control, something Campbell is very good at. I think that aspect led to Campbell's success on the Leafs. The Leafs D isn't strong enough to bail out a goalie giving up second chances

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one

Reactions: DarylO

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Uh...f*** no. Why would we bother?

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton

The kadri trade was objectively bad imo. I understand the rationale behind moving him, but the pieces he got back made no sense at all, that set them back for sure. Especially when you consider the contract Kerfoot got soon after.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
now that Mrazek is gone to Chicago this seems to be off the table unless he is bought out.

and if he was to get bought I wouldn't be against it like I have said I do think the talent is still there and if he were to be bought out he wouldn't be getting 6+ anymore he's come in much cheaper

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007
are they poking at his dead career with a stick? because that's all I hope they're doing...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This is an outdated rumor pre-Mrazek trade.

doesn't mean he won't end up here, Ottawa is trying to move him we know that because they agreed to trade him to Buffalo and he said no.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here with salary retained.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
doesn't mean he won't end up here, Ottawa is trying to move him we know that because they agreed to trade him to Buffalo and he said no.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up here with salary retained.
Looks like that was more of Buffalo trying to get 7 overall.

Who is trading for Murray now...probably no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad