Dreger: Toronto poking around Matt Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Toronto makes such interesting decisions sometimes.
They haven't made any decision other than an insider saying they are doing their homework.

I always find it odd when people criticize an organization for a move they haven't made

Reactions: HockeyVirus

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Matthews relative to the term, and he gave in to Nylander's demands.

Or his wonderful UFA 2021 class of Mrazek and Ritchie. Hasn't had much room to overpay anyone else with the bloated 4, but damn has he tried

80 points for 6.9 million is an underpayment

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
and by doing so he got him on a bargin.

There are A LOT of reasons to want Dubas fired, the Nylander contract is not among them
It's amazing how much people love to talk about the Leafs and comment on shit from years ago and give their opinions, despite always telling us how sick they are hearing about the Leafs.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Matthews relative to the term, and he gave in to Nylander's demands.

Or his wonderful UFA 2021 class of Mrazek and Ritchie. Hasn't had much room to overpay anyone else with the bloated 4, but damn has he tried
Nah. Matthews and Nylander were fine. 5 year deals were normal after elc.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
To Ott: #8, #105
To Det: Murray, #7, #39

To Tor: Murray @ 50%
To Det: Mrazek, ‘23 1st (likely #25 or later)

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
I was gonna suggest Sens could add an ambulance as a sweetener, but I just realized Mrazek would most likely have to be going the other way.:laugh::help:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Murray, Matt would totally be another steal by dubas just like bunting etc 👏 The maple leafs is really doing things and moving things now. Hard. Murray is a bonafide leader and stanley cup winner lately. He that good googly moogly.

Reactions: Smif

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
80 points for 6.9 million is an underpayment
Not how it works. Nylander will be overpaid for his whole contract regardless of points because he never deserved the money relative to his performance at the time of his signing. The best you can say about the contract is the Leafs got lucky.

No he didn't, Nylander wanted 8.5 per, he got 6.9
And I’m sure Dubas wanted $4M. It’s called negotiation and Dubas got taken to the wood shed.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
They haven't made any decision other than an insider saying they are doing their homework.

I always find it odd when people criticize an organization for a move they haven't made
Stupid people typically speak the loudest.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Not how it works. Nylander will be overpaid for his whole contract regardless of points because he never deserved the money relative to his performance at the time of his signing. The best you can say about the contract is the Leafs got lucky.

And I’m sure Dubas wanted $4M. It’s called negotiation and Dubas got taken to the wood shed.
6.9 for an 80pts player = taken to the woodshed.

Lemme guess, hockey is like your third favourite sport. And you're a little hazy on what offsides is, and boy it's hard to track the puck. Gtfo.:laugh:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Very afraid of what we are sending with Murray to Toronto or what Toronto is sending back for Murray.

There is no world where I have any confidence in a deal between Dubas and Dorion involving Murray where Ottawa comes out ahead.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Very afraid of what we are sending with Murray to Toronto or what Toronto is sending back for Murray.

There is no world where I have any confidence in a deal between Dubas and Dorion involving Murray where Ottawa comes out ahead.

I think it could easily come out looking bad for either team, to be honest.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I could very easily see a Murray for Mrazek swap, with Ottawa retaining salary 40% to bring the cap hit to be the same as Mrazek.

Ottawa has the cap space, so they'd still have the 6.25M$ hit, however they'd be saving considerable hard cash.

2022/2023: Mrazek (4.2M$) vs. Murray (7M$) = 2.8M$ savings for Ottawa
2023/2024: Mrazek (4.4M$) vs. Murray (8M$) = 3.6M$ savings for Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad