Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Robertson is a goal scorer, so it doesn't really make sense for put in him into a bottom six role. I think the original plan was to have Robertson as LW to Tavares and Nylander, but Robertson was injured at the start of the season and since Galchenyuk entered in the lineup, he has been really good in that role. So maybe we have a line of Galchenyuk- Tavares - Tomasino and shift Nylander to the third line and have more balance.

Is that what we do with Nylander? Like Gally's present performance, but what we don't do is shift Nylander to the third line unless it's for a corrective action.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Is that what we do with Nylander? Like Gally's present performance, but what we don't do is shift Nylander to the third line unless it's for a corrective action.

I was thinking shifting Nylander to 3C and when eventually Tavares' play falls off, Nylander will be our 2nd line center. But yeah.. putting Nylander on the third line right now would be controversial, especially because that line has been playing well. I think the more realistic move would be for a rental 3C, like Scott Laughton, but it seems the asking price is quite high.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Robertson
for
Tomasino

Robertson is a scoring machine that will bring goals to Nashville. Tomasino brings a good all around game and should be able to play all up and down lineup.
not a chance the leafs do this, he is going to be a scoring machine, scoring baby wins

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think the Leafs third line needs help. If the Leafs can get Scott Laughton at a fair price, then that's what I'd go for, but as an alternative, maybe we can get Nylander to center the 3rd line and have Tomasino play RW with Tavares.

I don’t see it.
Demoting Nylander to 3rd line weakens the 2nd and Nylander isn’t really a bottom six type player.

If Tomasino is aquired he’d be heading to the AHL.
What would actually work is Robertson-Tavares-Nylander. Galchenyuk can play 3rd line and he is naturally a centre

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
There was talk about Robertson making the team this year before the start. Kid is 19. The Leafs nor any team really would trade that kind of asset.

If Tomasino is in the same range for value then why would Nashville trade him?

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Toronto really likes their guy and Nashville really likes their guy. Trade does nothing to address a need for either team. Unless both players have asked for trades, I can't see a reason why this deal would happen.

Reactions: Dustin

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I don’t see it.
Demoting Nylander to 3rd line weakens the 2nd and Nylander isn’t really a bottom six type player.

If Tomasino is aquired he’d be heading to the AHL.
What would actually work is Robertson-Tavares-Nylander. Galchenyuk can play 3rd line and he is naturally a centre

Tomasino is PPG in the AHL right now. If the Leafs were planning on Robertson being in the lineup, then Tomasino should be ready as well. I'm not sure if Galchenyuk can still play center. He was with Minnesota, a team that really needs centers, and they didn't keep him. I see Nylander more as a long term solution at center, once Tavares' play falls off due to age.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
I was thinking shifting Nylander to 3C and when eventually Tavares' play falls off, Nylander will be our 2nd line center. But yeah.. putting Nylander on the third line right now would be controversial, especially because that line has been playing well. I think the more realistic move would be for a rental 3C, like Scott Laughton, but it seems the asking price is quite high.

I'll take Scott Laughton. But you're right, we might not have the pieces to get him at the right price for us.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Tomasino is PPG in the AHL right now. If the Leafs were planning on Robertson being in the lineup, then Tomasino should be ready as well. I'm not sure if Galchenyuk can still play center. He was with Minnesota, a team that really needs centers, and they didn't keep him. I see Nylander more as a long term solution at center, once Tavares' play falls off due to age.

Roberston was in the lineup until his injury. Pretty sure after they saw how easily he got hurt, they said some more time to grow and develop would do him good.

Robertson would go and play his natural side. Bringing Tomasino in, you have to bank he is an NHLer and also that he can thrive on the side I don’t believe he has much exposure on

Either way, it’s a somewhat lateral move not worth making.
FWIW I think Robertson has higher upside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad