Proposal: Toronto - Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
I believe he is, however right now I don't think the leafs are in a position to be dealing legit NHL player for Picks, we are looking to start moving up in the standings and already have a huge stock pile of picks. Especially 2nd rounder's. If Bozak is going to be moved he will be moved for a NHL player that fills a need.

Moving him for a pick will work if we land Stamkos. Otherwise I agree we should move a position of weakness for long shot picks with no one to replace him at center.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Okay, he's a low end 1LW or high end 2LW, whatever. It's still just an upgrade at 2LW for Nashville or most other contenders. For the Predators specifically, when combined with the massive hole created on the second pair D to acquire him, I still don't understand why they even entertain this. It makes Nashville a worse team while adding 1.5 million to their cap.

Which is fair. The issue above was people demanding the Leafs add a big piece because Nashville has a 1LW already. It isn't how it works. If Nashville doesn't think they can refill that hole on defense elsewhere or doesn't want another 1st line winger at a cheap contract or both then I get it, the deal doesn't work for them. But forcing the Leafs to add because of that is insane.

Assuming the original offer was fair and the issue was the hole on defense then they can expand the deal or decline out right. They don't tell the Leafs to throw in a huge piece because of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad