GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - Sat./ Oct./14/2017 - CBC - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Habs Lineup
DMGyMKeXUAY4GQe.jpg:large

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Guaranteed that Torrey Mitchell line pots one tonight. Hopefully it's the only one for the team.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Despite the fact that this Montreal is not deep and are the league's worst with 5 goals and have only 2 points in 4 games, but there is still a game to be played. You do not win a game based on stat sheets

Having said that we can not get complacent and need a team effort and contribution from all lines (contributions does not necessarily mean points). As is we haven't won against them in ages and we need to break this losing streaking

Reactions: canadon

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Cool All Canadian weekend in sports...

Toronto vs Montreal
Edmonton vs Ottawa
Calgary vs Vancouver
(Odd one out is the Winnipeg Jets..)

&

Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact

TFC is going to hoist the Supporters Shield during the match...coupled with a Leafs win, this is going to be a bad week for Montreal. :lol:

Reactions: TMLeafer

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If they have Price, they can win.

I expect the Leafs to outplay the Habs, I just hope that it leads to a win.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
Scary depth on the Habs. Team points leader Gallagher is on the third line. 3rd OA pick Galchenyuk is only two points off the team lead in points and is still on the fourth line. Look out.

:sarcasm:

Ha. It's funny because Gallagher has 2 points and Galchenyuk has 0.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Reactions: kk87

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Montreal is the desperate team here. Past seasons don’t matter now. Play a patient road game and capitalize on the Habs mistakes in transition.

Weather the storm in the first 10 minutes. Play disciplined - avoid dumb penalties. 60 minute effort and a statement game from Andersen is crucial. Kadri winning the battle of the Superpests vs. Gallagher would also be a big help towards dictating the game.

I want to see Borgman and Kadri paste someone with a bone-crunching and clean hit in the first 5 minutes.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Montreal is the desperate team here. Past seasons don’t matter now. Play a patient road game and capitalize on the Habs mistakes in transition.

Weather the storm in the first 10 minutes. Play disciplined - avoid dumb penalties. 60 minute effort and a statement game from Andersen is crucial. Kadri winning the battle of the Superpests vs. Gallagher would also be a big help towards dictating the game.

I want to see Borgman and Kadri paste someone with a bone-crunching and clean hit in the first 5 minutes.

Anyone remember this game? :lol:

iqkenufcjpi3w_medium.0.gif

McLaren_Laughs.gif

yAfHLaV

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
As much as the free-wheeling has been fun, it's also been painful at times to watch. I would love to see the Leafs play a solid game that would make Babcock proud. If the Leafs win, but play a big run and gun game, for the future success of the team, in a way that will be another step backwards to the overall strategy of becoming the best.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
The Habs have dominated possession in their last two games. Sure, they have nothing to show for it (1 goal), but eventually that will turn into offense, especially against a leaky defensive team. The Leafs need to dictate the pace from puck drop.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Habs have dominated possession in their last two games. Sure, they have nothing to show for it (1 goal), but eventually that will turn into offense, especially against a leaky defensive team. The Leafs need to dictate the pace from puck drop.
we should. We have way better forwards and after Weber our defense looks a lot better.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If we can tighten up the defensive play we'll have a good chance winning this one. BUT it we play loosey-goosey I guarantee the Habs will pot some easy ones and Price will take care of the rest even if we out-shoot them 50-25.

Its clear we have a (much) better roster. Anxious to see if this Leafs team can win games they are "supposed" to win.

I would love nothing more than an end to this stupid 14 game streak...

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Montreal is obviously looking for a "W" in order to keep it close with the competition. This is a desperate team that's going going to come out hard on this. We need to weather the storm in 1st period and instead of sitting back we need to counter attack

- Do not take unnecessary penalties and stay out of penalty box as much as you can, there is no need to over agressive
- Capitalize on PP and be opportunistic on your chances
- Keep Price under pressure all night, get under his skin
- Do not give any open chances to Weber to shoot

The bottom line is we need a team effort on both sides of the ice, clearing traffic in front of Anderson is key. Anderson need to step up but also need help from his defense, it's hard for any goalie to stop the puck if can not see it coming

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Price on Saturday night

Leafs D has been leaky

I don't care how bad the Montreal offense has been . The Leafs need to play a good game because Price can steal a game and the Leafs D has been sloppy enough to even allow the Habs to pot a few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad