GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens - Sat./ Oct./14/2017 - CBC - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
gs-jpg.79577

Reactions: Kelly

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Those habs lines aren't bad. Danault line can cause problems for Bozak's line if Julien decides to match them.

The Matthews line has to carry the leafs tonight and score at least 2 on Carey for any chance at winning.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Freddy A has a .871 sv% after 4 games.

This places him #44 of 46 goalies that have played in at least 2 games this year.

This start is even worse than last year at this same time when he was coming off injury and adjusting to a new team.

I suspect Habs struggling offense is going to be the recipe to turn this bad start around tonight.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Those habs lines aren't bad. Danault line can cause problems for Bozak's line if Julien decides to match them.

The Matthews line has to carry the leafs tonight and score at least 2 on Carey for any chance at winning.

:laugh: :laugh:

The Habs suck. As long price doesn’t go god mode and Andersen can stop a few chances by Drouin we should win this good

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Galchenyuk out.

Now Plekanac with Flu like symptoms as well. They'd probably match him with Matthews. Now will be forced to stick Danault on Matthews. Could mean a big game for Bozak's line.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Oh baby A SEER GDT?!?!

Lets beat the Habs tonight and end this stupid ass losing streak.

GO LEAFS GO!

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
GLG

Go check out the first post in the Habs GDT, that thing someone put together is brilliant. They've got a lot of angst over there right now lol

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Freddy A has a .871 sv% after 4 games.

This places him #44 of 46 goalies that have played in at least 2 games this year.

This start is even worse than last year at this same time when he was coming off injury and adjusting to a new team.

I suspect Habs struggling offense is going to be the recipe to turn this bad start around tonight.

Or it could also be a recipe for the Habs to break out offensively against a struggling goalie and then this entire board goes crazy saying that our defense sucks when it's really the goalie that is the problem so far.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Cue the posters saying

"OMG!!!!!! MATTHEWS ON THE THIRD LINE IS INSANE!! WHAT IS BABCOCK DOING!?!?!"

Not only that but they put Marner on the second line and missed spelled it, I guess trying to sneak him in so the Habs don't suspect he's there.

Who is Mr Ner?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
GLG

Go check out the first post in the Habs GDT, that thing someone put together is brilliant. They've got a lot of angst over there right now lol

Gonna be even worse when they no longer have the streak to boast about :(

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow, can't believe we've actually lost 14 straight against the Habs - well past time to end that streak!

Would be nice to see Gardiner bounce back with a strong game, after laying an absolutely massive turd against NJ. Would also be nice to see JvR/Bozak/Marner play some half decent d, and to have Freddy play a strong game. The team has otherwise been great, if we can start improving on these weaknesses we'll be a legit powerhouse.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Love this GDT - good work Seer

We need a win, getting so tired of losing these damn Habs

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's way too early but I think the new faceoff rules benefit guys like Matthews who have just recently come into the league. There was way too much timing and cheating going on, now that the refs are being more strict on the dot it's harder for the vets to cheat. Matthews doesn't have to worry about shaking of a bad habit of cheating on the dot.

He's currently ~54% on the dot.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
It's way too early but I think the new faceoff rules benefit guys like Matthews who have just recently come into the league. There was way too much timing and cheating going on, now that the refs are being more strict on the dot it's harder for the vets to cheat. Matthews doesn't have to worry about shaking of a bad habit of cheating on the dot.

He's currently ~54% on the dot.

Agreed... our whole team has benefitted... we're second in the league at 58% right now. Our only sub .500 players at the dot are Fehr, Marleau and Nylander.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow, can't believe we've actually lost 14 straight against the Habs - well past time to end that streak!

Would be nice to see Gardiner bounce back with a strong game, after laying an absolutely massive turd against NJ. Would also be nice to see JvR/Bozak/Marner play some half decent d, and to have Freddy play a strong game. The team has otherwise been great, if we can start improving on these weaknesses we'll be a legit powerhouse.

I think we'll tighten up defensively. I am not really worried about the D, a lot of goals have been weird. I don't see Rosen trying to glove a puck and end up giving a breakaway every game, I don't see Gardiner looking awful every other game etc.

If Freddie can bounce back and put up numbers anywhere close to last season, he's winning 45 games and has the franchise record, easily.

Agreed... our whole team has benefitted... we're second in the league at 58% right now. Our only sub .500 players at the dot are Fehr, Marleau and Nylander.

You're right. Bozak is at 57%, Kadri is at 58%. Bozak has always been good but if Kadri keeps it up, it will be his first season above 50%.

Faceoffs are fairly useless unless you're well below 50% but the new rules definitely benefit our guys who didn't cheat often even when the rules weren't enforced strictly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad