Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs beat New York Islanders 3-1: PG 11 Postgame Talk

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Bernier let more shots hit the post than he made decent saves. Leaf skaters dominated for the most part and easily could have had another 2 or 3 goals without Greiss stepping up and a little luck.

Leafs shots hit the post 3 times too.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Leafs continue to knock off the better teams in the league. I can't wait until Babcock has more talent to work with on this roster.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The Leafs continue to knock off the better teams in the league. I can't wait until Babcock has more talent to work with on this roster.

How about those Babcock Maple Leafs ?

Team continues to show signs that his system is starting to take hold and the team continues to make things difficult for the opposition.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think (I could be completely wrong) that on hometown hockey, the stars are picked by a couple of kids. Could just be that one of them likes Lupul.

They mentioned it in the third period that two fans were selecting the 3 Stars.

One was a blonde chick. I can only imagine Lupul's *ahem* "swagger" won the day.

I thought they picked, Bozak as 1st. star, Greiss and ?Bernier?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How about those Babcock Maple Leafs ?

Team continues to show signs that his system is starting to take hold and the team continues to make things difficult for the opposition.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bozak-and-grabner-score-leafs-defeat-islanders/

“We have different systems now and we’re doing a better job of playing with (the) system,†said Tyler Bozak, who along with Michael Grabner scored 1:40 apart in the second period to lead the Maple Leafs to a 3-1 victory over the New York Islanders on Sunday night.

After going 1-7-2 in October, the Leafs are 12-7-5 in November and December. Toronto has recorded at least one point in seven of its last eight games (5-1-2). Overall, the Leafs are 13-14-7.

``Guys are buying in,'' Bozak said.

I'm sure it makes it easier for everyone when you don't have some lone wolf playing his own game and refusing to change to a system the coach wants to implement.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
The 3 stars named at Barclays Center were Grabner (3), Kulemin (2) and Lupul (1). Didn't really make much sense to me, the goalies each deserved a star.

Definitely a fun game to be at, and I had a blast cheering on the boys in blue in enemy territory.

Gotta say, for a state of the art arena, it was not built with hockey in mind one bit. There were suite locations where you literally couldn't see the home team net, and the whole area of seating at that end was messed up, with obstructions even close to ice level. So a warning to anyone making a trip in the coming years, sit at centre ice or closer to the away team's net.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Bernier let more shots hit the post than he made decent saves. Leaf skaters dominated for the most part and easily could have had another 2 or 3 goals without Greiss stepping up and a little luck.

The post are not the net. Its no different than shootijg wide.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm sure it makes it easier for everyone when you don't have some lone wolf playing his own game and refusing to change to a system the coach wants to implement.

even easier when your coach has a real system and knows how to implement it.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think (I could be completely wrong) that on hometown hockey, the stars are picked by a couple of kids. Could just be that one of them likes Lupul.

The hometown broadcast has different stars than the ones NHL picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad