Post-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs beat New York Islanders 3-1: PG 11 Postgame Talk

OvenMittz*

Jvr.. Ruining the tank lol good job.

Bozak is the player of the game.. Great player this season very impressed.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
The Leafs will never build a 40K arena.

However, if/when they replace the Air Canada Centre, I would almost certainly bet the next arena will seat close to 25K-30K.

The Bell Centre is the largest with 21K.

30K gets to the point where the cost of adding extra seats isn't worth the money you'd get from extra people coming in, but the leafs could definitely afford another 3-5K or so to get to around the level of O² arena (London). Though it might be harder to do in downtown Toronto due to space requirements.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Really good road game all around.

They withstood the pressure right off the start of the game. Didn't take any penalties and battled til the end.

Really solid all-around game.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock and a terrible team without him, over the Islanders, a win, again. My case over three hockey boards rests, a GREAT coach, wins over the dressing room and gets horrible teams to some pretty decent results. Wow, nice to be vindicated. So far at least.

There are two or three great great NHL players, there are one or two great coaches, been that way since the day the puck dropped in the NHL. All I want to say. Or should have to.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
30K gets to the point where the cost of adding extra seats isn't worth the money you'd get from extra people coming in, but the leafs could definitely afford another 5K or so to get to around the level of O² arena (London)

That's why I said they'd come close to the 25-30K range.

However, the ACC is only 15 years old. I doubt it'd be replaced for a long while. Especially with MLSE building up the area around it.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Leafs played great defensively for most part of the game and scored a few, good job!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice game. Bernier was solid, certainly made the case for the start on Tuesday.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Can't we just keep both bozak and Naz for the rebuild and play marner and Nylander on their wings :)
Really liking both of them this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad