GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins. 7:30PM start SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs seem to have more jump on the road for whatever reason. Expecting a good performance tonight
Yep and they should be well rested having not competed since Saturday.

Already 6 points behind Boston. Lose this game and it’s already looking like 1st in the division is going to be a slim possibility.
Early must win game

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
If it we're up to me:

• I'd split up Matthews/Marner, to wake them up.
  • Move Bertuzzi down to the bottom 6, he's slow-footed and might be better suited as bottom 6 energy guy.
  • Kampf to line 4. I like Holmberg, but Kampf is more defensively responsible, and I think that his presence makes that line a little bit better.
  • I'm also done with Lagesson, try someone new.
  • Reaves has struggled, giving him the night off could be a nice move. Cap space makes that difficult

Knies - Matthews - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Marner
Bertuzzi - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Gregor - Kampf - Reaves/McMann

Rielly- Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren
Kokkonen/Benoit/Rifai- Klingberg

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If it we're up to me:

• Move Bertuzzi down to the bottom 6, he's slow-footed and might be better suited as bottom 6 energy guy.
  • Kampf to line 4. I like Holmberg, but Kampf is more defensively responsible, and I think that his presence makes that line a little bit better.
  • Reaves has struggled, giving him the night off could be a nice move. Cap space makes that difficult

Domi - Tavares - Marner

Rielly- Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren

Really not sure why Reaves needs to play every night. I'll play him tonight though, just because I hate Boston

But his ice time needs to be managed. He can't be in every games

Holmberg has done himself no favors to stay up. He needs to show more, even if he's playing with Kampf or Gregor. He just needs to add more

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
"After opting for rest over practice", what a surprise, this team who only show up to try in games when they feel like it opted to sit back and relax probably playing fortnight instead of working out their on-ice problems.

I get that Dubas used to allow this (and probably played fortnight with them) but is Tre going to allow this crap to continue? Complete no-shows rewarded by days off to rest?

Anyways I digress, is McAvoy playing tonight?

No changes by the coach, hilarious if it wasn't so sad

You kinda wonder about the general conditioning of this group of players. In previous years, with other teams you don’t always hear about how a 12 day road trip will take so much out of a team.

I can only imagine the cliff they’ll fall off of returning from Sweden later this month.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

This has surprised me more than anything I think so far this season. His pace is way off from the rest of the team with a couple of exceptions.

I feel he is working through an injury that he cannot make worse... if he is not, not sure I am confident in that move working out the way we had hoped!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If it we're up to me:

Domi - Tavares - Marner

Rielly- Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren

Can’t remember the sequence last year but wasn’t Marner benched for a couple of shifts in Anaheim where he freaked out in the tunnel, and then proceeded to get hit in November? Dunno if it was an immediate turnaround and too lazy to check the game logs but he seems overdue for a kick in the pants.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
You kinda wonder about the general conditioning of this group of players. In previous years, with other teams you don’t always hear about how a 12 day road trip will take so much out of a team.

I can only imagine the cliff they’ll fall off of returning from Sweden later this month.
The rest vs no-rest decisions are all routed through the sport science division. No doubt Keefe gets final say, but from his comments he believes in that stuff and will generally roll with their suggestions it seems.

I don't know enough about it to comment... just hope it works, as the team was clearly lacking energy on Tuesday.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The rest vs no-rest decisions are all routed through the sport science division. No doubt Keefe gets final say, but from his comments he believes in that stuff and will generally roll with their suggestions it seems.

I don't know enough about it to comment... just hope it works, as the team was clearly lacking energy on Tuesday.

Who really knows what it is. It’s not like the Leafs are a consistently high octane team with a high energy approach from one night to the next…

Reactions: wingman75

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Bruins are missing 3 of their top 6 Dmen, their entire top pair and one of their top PK guys Forbort whos been playing great this year . Starting 3 rookie D

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Really not sure why Reaves needs to play every night.
Because there are only 12 forwards on the active roster at the moment. They had to drop the 13th in order to bring up a D to replace McCabe

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Bruins are missing 3 of their top 6 Dmen, their entire top pair and one of their top PK guys Forbort whos been playing great this year . Starting 3 rookie D

Sounds good. No excuses then to not take this. Unless goaltending implodes which sadly is a possibility

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Yeah, especially if Willie shows them all of his favorite night spots while they are there

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Swapping Marner and Nylander when the team no-shows is the simplest thing he can do to get a different look or maybe cause the other coach to react with his line or defensive matchups.

But no, splitting up Marner-Matthews seems to not even be something he's able to try out, gotta throw every other player on the team on their left wing first and if that doesn't work oh well, onto the next game, rinse and repeat

He saves that for playoff time when they're about to be eliminated.
It was weird, even the Color guy last game said something like “Keefe has tried all the line combos it’s just not working”

NO HE HASNT at all!

If it we're up to me:

Domi - Tavares - Marner

Rielly- Brodie
Giordano - Liljegren
Paul is now in your office. You..

A) Cower in fear and do whatever he says
B) Cry, apologize, and change back before he says a word
C) Stand up for your decision and kindly ask him to leave

Reactions: supermann_98

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Really not sure why Reaves needs to play every night. I'll play him tonight though, just because I hate Boston

But his ice time needs to be managed. He can't be in every games

Holmberg has done himself no favors to stay up. He needs to show more, even if he's playing with Kampf or Gregor. He just needs to add more
starting to get the "Jason Blake" vibes on Gregor, he zips around the rink, but contributes pretty much nothing..........

they deserved a good old fashion bag skate after that joke of a performance against LA, but you wouldn't want to upset the kids..........

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
It was weird, even the Color guy last game said something like “Keefe has tried all the line combos it’s just not working”

NO HE HASNT at all!

Paul is now in your office. You..

A) Cower in fear and do whatever he says
B) Cry, apologize, and change back before he says a word
C) Stand up for your decision and kindly ask him to leave
D) tell him to go home or we trade his son

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
starting to get the "Jason Blake" vibes on Gregor, he zips around the rink, but contributes pretty much nothing..........

they deserved a good old fashion bag skate after that joke of a performance against LA, but you wouldn't want to upset the kids..........
:laugh: NASCAR was a beauty, gave us many laughs watching him do laps around the zone before fluttering a wrister at the goalies chest. Man, those were dark days.

I know there is no way of knowing this but I wonder when the last time any team had a 'bag skate'?
Those days are long gone.

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: