GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins. 7:30PM start SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Important game for the Leafs to show up for. The #LeafsForever are in Boston as they take on Brad Marchand and the Bruins. Puckdrop is at 7:30pm on Sportsnet Ontario Bruins once again at the top of the standings, and once again, the Leafs struggle early in the season, leading to panic in Leafs Nation. A win here will help them in the right direction, another loss and LN will go into full panic mode.

""

""

1698934406980.png

Leafs lines at Morning skate

""

""

Boston Bruins lines in practise yesterday.

Zacha-Poitras-Pastrnak
Heinen-Coyle-DeBrusk
Van Riemsdyk-Geekie-Frederic
Beecher-Brown-Steen

Lindholm-Shattenkirk
Lohrei-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Mitchell

Swayman
Ullmark

1698954890556.png

Attachments

• 1698954838326.png
    1698954838326.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

The Leafs heard some booing Tuesday as a 4-1 loss to Los Angeles unfolded and judging by social media, the three-goal games are ancient history.

Matthews and his principal wingman, Mitch Marner, have found game conditions to be challenging 5-on-5 since Matthews broke from the gate so fast. They haven’t been on the same page some nights, also a function of rotating new left-wingers and what must be considered a slow start for Marner, despite a point in all but two games.

“There’s a lot of just one-and-done,” Matthews said Wednesday of breakdowns after their even–strength rushes are denied. “As a line and as a team (the Leafs must) generate more offensively and have more time in the zone. It’s on us to work out and communicate with each other and all five on the ice.”

Was hoping for a 7pm start with the Steelers on at 8:15. Going to be some juggling tonight.

Last edited:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

"After opting for rest over practice", what a surprise, this team who only show up to try in games when they feel like it opted to sit back and relax probably playing fortnight instead of working out their on-ice problems.

I get that Dubas used to allow this (and probably played fortnight with them) but is Tre going to allow this crap to continue? Complete no-shows rewarded by days off to rest?

Anyways I digress, is McAvoy playing tonight?

No changes by the coach, hilarious if it wasn't so sad

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
"After opting for rest over practice", what a surprise, this team who only show up to try in games when they feel like it opted to sit back and relax probably playing fortnight instead of working out their on-ice problems.

I get that Dubas used to allow this (and probably played fortnight with them) but is Tre going to allow this crap to continue? Complete no-shows rewarded by days off to rest?

Anyways I digress, is McAvoy playing tonight?

No changes by the coach, hilarious if it wasn't so sad
Yup the next time the 3 amigos suck for the first 2 periods and they are down 3-0 going into the 3rd, instead of benching one of them, Keefe will reward them by putting together the 3 amigos super line. Great message to send to the rest of the team, especially the guys who work their butts off (not many though).

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Seeing the pre-game skate lines has frustrated the hell out of me.

I'm pretty much in the fire Keefe camp at this point, he doesn't seem to have any new ideas.

Reactions: supermann_98

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Yup the next time the 3 amigos suck for the first 2 periods and they are down 3-0 going into the 3rd, instead of benching one of them, Keefe will reward them by putting together the 3 amigos super line. Great message to send to the rest of the team, especially the guys who work their butts off (not many though).
Swapping Marner and Nylander when the team no-shows is the simplest thing he can do to get a different look or maybe cause the other coach to react with his line or defensive matchups.

But no, splitting up Marner-Matthews seems to not even be something he's able to try out, gotta throw every other player on the team on their left wing first and if that doesn't work oh well, onto the next game, rinse and repeat

Keefe picking tonights lineup.

View attachment 761701
He saves that for playoff time when they're about to be eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad