Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | TOR Leads 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He called it reckless. A "Car accident" :laugh::laugh::laugh:.. Nothing about it was reckless on Rielly. It wasn't a penalty so the entire blame is on the dude who got hurt. It's a rough sport
Lmao, Imagine the belly aching if that was Matthews going in like that.

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
While I agree with the fact that I don't think it was a penalty, reverse the situation and instead of Point it would have been Mathews or Marner, tell me how the Leafs nation would react? I understand the TB fans.
I don't think there's a player on the Lightning capable of throwing Matthews like that. Sure I'd be upset if he got hurt, who wouldn't. But the guys calling it a dirty play, asking for a 5 minute major LOL, yea no. Not a penalty. Unfortunate outcome, not a penalty.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
This is 100% what Clifford got suspended for.

NHL is a joke. This, by precedence, is a “suspended for the rest of the round” dirty hit
Its OK. I want Maroon to keep playing. He's good for the LOLs. Hes as irrelevant as it gets on a contending team

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I'm 95% sure Tampa ends up with a 2 man advantage in that situation if it was Matthews or Marner and the Leafs reacted the same.

McCabe already got a penalty in this series for a glove push to the head of Perry, I can't imagine a Leafs player getting away with what Stamkos did.
Miss the point. you seem like Leaf fan thinking the world is against them was not my point. I only said, if one top player on any team goes down like Point did, same reaction would come from fan base, including IMO Leafs nation.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't think there's a player on the Lightning capable of throwing Matthews like that. Sure I'd be upset if he got hurt, who wouldn't. But the guys calling it a dirty play, asking for a 5 minute major LOL, yea no. Not a penalty. Unfortunate outcome, not a penalty.
Lol Stamkos much smaller did a WWF slam drop on Matthew’s.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Again.... nothing wrong with what you said... my point stand. Have a good series and enjoy.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Miss the point. you seem like Leaf fan thinking the world is against them was not my point. I only said, if one top player on any team goes down like Point did, same reaction would come from fan base, including IMO Leafs nation.

The Leafs fans don't hate the reaction, they hate the officiating not enforcing the rules as a result of the reaction.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

FuagvUXWYAAqyZM

That tip by the air made all the difference.

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
Think so? He seems to draw the Leafs into nonsense. Maybe overkill with Corey Perry out there and actually contributing.

Hahaha, ok that was good.
Perry 100%. Worth his weigh in gold. Maroon is yapping but influencing nothing. He's living off reputation now

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Oh no, he threw 7 punches at a guy who's not looking and still has his gloves on holding multiple sticks ? So tough, so big.
I’m talking about the wrestling slam that sent Matthew’s airborne. Just correcting your funny take, no one could take Matthew’s down because of his size.
When it happened yesterday.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I’m talking about the wrestling slam that sent Matthew’s airborne. Just correcting your funny take, no one could take Matthew’s down because of his size.
When it happened yesterday.

What a garbage post :laugh: You're comparing sucker punching a guy who still has his gloves to Rielly shoving Point in a battle for positioning ? wtf ? lmao

Imagine if the Leafs had signed Perry when he was basically asking to head over there.

He would've been suspended in game 1

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
I'm 95% sure Tampa ends up with a 2 man advantage in that situation if it was Matthews or Marner and the Leafs reacted the same.

McCabe already got a penalty in this series for a glove push to the head of Perry, I can't imagine a Leafs player getting away with what Stamkos did.
I'm 95% sure they wouldn't. So there. Speculatory neutrality.

• Love
Reactions: Canadienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad