Prospect Info: Toronto Maple Leafs 2020 6th Round (180th OA) C Joe Miller (USHL) 5'9 146

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Could you at least try to target some average to above average sized physically aggressive players already? I almost expect a 5'9 player picked in round #7.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
He has a September 15 birthday and is thus the youngest player in the draft. People here sometimes have a tendency to think further growth is a given, which it isn’t, but at his age is more possible than with most prospects. Atleast his weight will increase. Why, he could reach 160 lbs! :)

Reactions: exporta

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good luck to these guys. It is nice for their families to see all the hard work rewarded by getting drafted. Most are long shots but I like to think our scouts are on the ball and see something we don’t. Like maybe Joe’s brother grew 6” by the time he was 20.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Funny enough I've actually seen this guy play live. Probably one of the few cases in recent years for me when it comes to a Leafs draft pick.

His MN high school program was really good this past season

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No idea who this guy is. His point totals look good but it was high school so not overly impressed. Definitely a wild swing here.

High school hockey in the state is pretty good quality compared to similar school hockey in North America. Some of the programs (relatively speaking) get a fair amount of school investment.

Not that I'm suggesting the kid is a lock to be great, but his numbers are certainly very good

Reactions: uncleben

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
High school hockey in the state is pretty good quality compared to similar school hockey in North America. Some of the programs (relatively speaking) get a fair amount of school investment.

Not that I'm suggesting the kid is a lock to be great, but his numbers are certainly very good
Especially when you look at the playoff numbers, 6gp, 8g + 13a = 21pts looks like he was rolling into college on a high note outta high school.

Still though 146 lbs? Lol this guy better fly and I mean FLY on his skates at that size

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Especially when you look at the playoff numbers, 6gp, 8g + 13a = 21pts looks like he was rolling into college on a high note outta high school.

Still though 146 lbs? Lol this guy better fly and I mean FLY on his skates at that size

The game i was at wasnt terribly memorable, but I recall him being quick and making good passes. But not as if i was just paying attention to him lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad