GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs (14-8-0) @ Florida Panthers (7-11-2) | 7:00 PM EST | SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They should show up every game but it's not really possible, some games you're just flat.

It's like saying you should get 100 on every math test because it's a logic test and every problem has a solution but in reality you're just not going to know the answer to every question.

The Leafs struggle against Florida and Florida IMO is better than their record. It wouldn't surprise me if this is a dud game for the Leafs.

oh i know. i mean.. my mind is tired.

i just mean that the record of your opponent is meaningless. like if Florida was a worldbeater, we'd say the same thing "the leafs should show up. " or if they were middle of the pack - they should show up.

i've been beating the drum that for me the whole "show up for 60 minutes" is kinda dumb. there are gonna be aspects where you have a bad 5-10 minutes (or even a bad period).

so i just mean that we should be hoping the leafs don't have the flat game vs. Florida who is a division rival :)

Reactions: Raymoondo and Pi

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Kadri, Babs' best disciple, mocking the Panthers for making Barkov play 23 minutes a game.

Reminds me of Babcock trash talking McLellan for playing McDavid 20+ minutes a game.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Moore out, so that likely means that Bozak is on the 4th and Marleau back at centre, and maybe Marner back with Matthews.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
"show up for 60 minutes" is about effort, drive not about winning or losing.
  • Hyman, Brown "shows up" every game, JVR not so much.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They always play us tough so we really need a win here because next game is the always play us tough (and usually beat us) Carolina.

Leafs were 4-1 against Florida and 2-1 against Carolina last season.

It just feels like Carolina and Florida always beat us, because every team always beat us in the past decade because we were a horrible team.

Reactions: AnishLoomba

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
"show up for 60 minutes" is about effort, drive not about winning or losing.
  • Hyman, Brown shows up every game, JVR not so much.

I think it's difficult for players like JVR etc because they are purely offensive players. It's tough to create something offensively every shift. Guys like Hyman and Brown have d-zone usage and responsibility to it's easier to see their work.

Personally, I think JVR takes too much flak. He's a borderline elite producer. We're bashing him because he's not fully elite.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Moore out, so that likely means that Bozak is on the 4th and Marleau back at centre, and maybe Marner back with Matthews.

Hyman-Marleau-Brown
Komarov-Kadri-Nylander
JVR-Matthews-Marner
Martin-Bozak-Soshnikov

I assume? Maybe Martin is with Matthews and Marner, while JVR is with Bozak and Sosh?

Reactions: leospaceman3434

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think it's difficult for players like JVR etc because they are purely offensive players. It's tough to create something offensively every shift. Guys like Hyman and Brown have d-zone usage and responsibility to it's easier to see their work.

Personally, I think JVR takes too much flak. He's a borderline elite producer. We're bashing him because he's not fully elite.
He gets bashed because he's lazy.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Desperately need Nylander to get going. Now that Marner has found his mojo again, Nylander getting hot would mean that the three headed beast is back in town. We laid an egg on Monday, time for a bounce back game. The Panthers have a decent squad that can play well, but this is our two points to lose.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Showing up is not about JVR or an offensive player getting points, it's about the willingness to give that extra effort for 3 periods for the team. The points come to those skilled guys when they "show up to play for 60"

• Hymans drive and JVR size and skill set would make a HOF player.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

Hyman-Marleau-Brown
Komarov-Kadri-Nylander
JVR-Matthews-Marner
Martin-Bozak-Soshnikov

I assume? Maybe Martin is with Matthews and Marner, while JVR is with Bozak and Sosh?

Interesting, I'll edit lineups once we know more

Where is Kevin McGran even getting his info from? No other reporter is tweeting about it.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
How hard is it to just release the lines instead of making everything a guessing game?

Last edited:

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Leafs win no doubt, 6-3
Big bounce back game

Matthews Nylander and Hyman are back together permanently and dominate this game. All 3 score and game is over by mid 2nd period

Book it!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
omigod omigod Moore is out for a winger?

Does this mean Bozak finally gets relegated to the 4th line? please oh please oh please.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
VanRyk - Marleau - Nylander
Komo - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Bozak - Sosh

please please please.

Reactions: 1specter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad