Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion Thread - WC Qualifiers continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Moving on from the legendary week that was in Edmonton.... Who's ready for Sunday? A trophy and CCL on the line against our biggest rival!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Really stupid of them to put TFC and York/Forge directly after one another other imo. Will definitely miss the end of TFC now...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
End of January it starts up again. I believe Canada has a bunch of games on the road next
Thanks. That's what I saw was just looking for verification.
If they're playing in January lets hope it's on the road. :laugh:

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Thanks. That's what I saw was just looking for verification.
If they're playing in January lets hope it's on the road. :laugh:

They play the US at home Jan 30. Herdman badly wants it in the GTA (likely Hamilton) but will be in Vancouver if the logistics don't work.

Reactions: ACC1224

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Really stupid of them to put TFC and York/Forge directly after one another other imo. Will definitely miss the end of TFC now...
Yeah I'm annoyed by that too. If they hadn't been on the same day I would definitely be heading to Montreal!

kb

Aug 28, 2009
canadasoccerstore.com

Definitely order a size up though. I ordered a black Davies jersey in September, took a month to get here and it didn’t fit lol.
Was it the month long wait that ended up causing the jersey not to fit? LOL

Reactions: fahad203

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I really wish I spoke Spanish, my youtube recommended hit a rabbit hole of ESPN Deportes videos, I keep looking for one that has english subtitles or something. Would just love to be able to hear what they're saying.

It feels like Canada vs Kazakhstan 1998 world juniors but it was actually on TV

Last edited:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I really wish I spoke Spanish, my youtube recommended hit a rabbit hole of ESPN Deportes videos, I keep looking for one that has english subtitles or something. Would just love to be able to hear what they're saying.

It feels like Canada vs Kazakhstan 1998 world juniors but it was actually on TV
When you us a computer you can have the subtitles translated. Make sure you have the closed caption option selected. Then click the settings icon and click the Subtitles/CC option then you can auto-translate with your preferred language. I don't know how to do it on a phone

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
When you us a computer you can have the subtitles translated. Make sure you have the closed caption option selected. Then click the settings icon and click the Subtitles/CC option then you can auto-translate with your preferred language. I don't know how to do it on a phone

I've tried those before they are really tough, kind of wish there was a pro translator. Or at least a English language Mexican sports station, there must be somewhere.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I’ve been watching the playoffs. Soccer’s handball rule is AWFUL! I turned the Whitecap off. Such a stupid rule. The Sporting player clearly didn’t touch the ball on purpose lol. Yet it’s considered a handball. Absolutely brutal. Ruins the game for me. 1-1 on a lucky call. Sporting has been all over Vancouver. Rewarded with a stupid rule. Sad.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
Thanks for the good times Jozy, but the guy has been a total headcase these last couple years. Thank god they're moving on from him.

Now if i only had faith at the top of the club to right the ship. I'm sorry but Ali Curtis has to be replaced with someone with some real experience and pedigree. The coaching this season has also been a complete disaster, but i suspect that change will come soon. I'd be fine with Bradley sr., but they gotta sort that GM position out bad.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Thanks for the good times Jozy, but the guy has been a total headcase these last couple years. Thank god they're moving on from him.

Now if i only had faith at the top of the club to right the ship. I'm sorry but Ali Curtis has to be replaced with someone with some real experience and pedigree. The coaching this season has also been a complete disaster, but i suspect that change will come soon. I'd be fine with Bradley sr., but they gotta sort that GM position out bad.

Looks like Christmas has come early for you, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad