Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Edmonton SAT FEB 27 @ 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Matthews being healthy for the playoffs is way more important than anything right now. Wrist injury to the best goal scorer in the league is not something we want to make worse. Better heal now. Sucks he wont get the 50 in 50 but who cares about personal stats if there no cup to hold up with your healthy wrist lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

oh all sorts of good things happening !

- barabanov seems to be placeholding for Matthews, which means Auston is likely ready to go.
- Kerfoot stays in the top-6 while Hyman goes back to that big fast checking line with engvall and mikheyev which dominated before hyman's injury. Looks like keefe may have found that checking line he was looking for.
- Petan back in to reunite our most effective 4th line so far this year - meaning Vesey likely out of the lineup finally for the first time this year, and barabanov likely joining him.

I love all of this.

Reactions: willmma

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017

- barabanov seems to be placeholding for Matthews, which means Auston is likely ready to go.
- Kerfoot stays in the top-6 while Hyman goes back to that big fast checking line with engvall and mikheyev which dominated before hyman's injury. Looks like keefe may have found that checking line he was looking for.
- Petan back in to reunite our most effective 4th line so far this year - meaning Vesey likely out of the lineup finally for the first time this year, and barabanov likely joining him.

I love all of this.
Huh? Tavares clearly is taking matthews spot which means that he is not ready to go. They would have put like petan or some rando there if he was ready

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I love all of this.

Hallelujah!

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
yeah barabanov is some rando.
I hope you right man! But i see these lines and think that they are preparing for no matthews at least for next game. Matthews would be in tavares’ spot normally. Tavares would be with kerfoot and nylander. Barabanov was playing in top 9 last game since he has been playing very well. Doubt they would scratch him for petan.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

I love all of this.

Hopefully matthews is ready to go. We'll see.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Naz has been pretty bad this season. He is a defensive liability.

Amazing! Thanks for posting, lads!

Naz is awful at structured zone defense, but you have to give him credit on his 1on1 shadow assignments. If he doesn't shut McDavid down, he's at least going to frustrate the shit out of him.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I hope you right man! But i see these lines and think that they are preparing for no matthews at least for next game. Matthews would be in tavares’ spot normally. Tavares would be with kerfoot and nylander. Barabanov was playing in top 9 last game since he has been playing very well. Doubt they would scratch him for petan.

possible.

I would think He would keep Hyman on that 2nd line though if Matthews was actually missing.

but maybe not.

and tbh I wouldn't even be surprised to see Matthews and Tavares swap linemates especially after last game.

Reactions: Chief keefe

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
oh and of course the more obvious good news is that those lines clearly mean both Joe and Muzz are ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad