OT: Toronto Blue Jays v2.0 [ALDS: Game 5, vs Texas 2:00pm MT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Rogers Centre is electric once again, and the Jays are feeding off it once again.

I took it upon myself to watch some World Series games from '92 and '93, and the comparisons basically write themselves.

4-0 Jays here against the Red Sox. Meanwhile, the Yankees are playing a set against the Mets. Advantage Jays.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
was a run called back on a review? I got a notification saying it was 4-1, then got one saying it was 4-0 and then another saying it was 4-1 again

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
was a run called back on a review? I got a notification saying it was 4-1, then got one saying it was 4-0 and then another saying it was 4-1 again

I'm guessing that would be due to the review. Probably while a review is going on, even if the run would not be affected by the outcome, they rewind the scoresheet to before the pitch.

The play in question was an infield single with runners on the corners that was initially called a 5-3 put-out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Watching Stroman pitch is what I feel like it would be like to watch Webster pitch

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For some reason the Red Sox continue to give the Jays fits. And meanwhile, Sabathia is going to beat the Mets tonight, reducing the Jays' lead in the division to 2.5 games.

In actual good news for the Jays, Masahiro Tanaka won't be able to pitch on Wednesday.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In case there aren't enough sports to watch, the Jays are winning he series-opener against the Yankees 4-0 entering the 8th.

Price went 7 innings, allowing 0 runs on only 2 hits, and I think only one walk.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Cecil!!!

Yeah, 100TG, Price would probably have gone at least 8 if Pennington hadn't made that error in the 3rd.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We won, but in concerning fashion. The Jays have developed a habit lately of having one good inning offensively, then changing their approach and putting the bats away from there on out. Puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on the bullpen.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Absolutely AS.

I don't like this approach as of late. Even the Bringer of Rain has seemed slow as of late. This is concerning as this late season stretches out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think it is an "approach" more like teams are adjusting after the big inning better

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't think it is an "approach" more like teams are adjusting after the big inning better

Perhaps. I just love how patient they are at the plate in the first, and then they start diving in. Smoak's at-bat with the bases loaded and no one out in the... 4th? ... exemplifies it, really. Chases the first pitch high out of the strike zone, and fouls it off, then chases the next pick in the exact same spot and fouls out.

Realistically, even if it's a matter of the Jays being "handled," that's still concerning. This offense is meant to be a juggernaut, and if they get 3 in the first, they should be expecting 5/6 runs at least for the game, especially when they get into the bullpen in the fourth.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
the Jays aren't changing their approach, take Donaldson for example, teams have learned to thrown him hard stuff inside and soft stuff away. He's struggling at the plate right now but he'll get it out of it. Regression was bound to happen at some point. Also let's remember he's played almost every inning this year, he could be getting tired. I think if we clinch early enough we could see a lot of our big boys take some time off and rest up a bit for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad