Pre-Game Talk: Toronto at New Jersey | Saturday 7pm CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
How has there not been a pre-game thread yet?

Anyways...

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 11m
Leafs practice has begun: No Joffrey Lupul

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 13m
Appears MacArthur replaces Lupul on line with Kadri & Kulemin at today's Leafs practice

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 12m
Komarov is with Grabovski & McClement ... Frattin, goalless in 11, is on the 4th line at Leafs practice

@MapleLeafs: MT @HennyTweets: Jake Gardiner is expected to slot back in tonight. Joe Colborne is expected to centre the 4th line. #TMLtalk

Last edited:

JMcLeaf

I wonder when the last time was that we played a saturday night game in new jersey

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Actually..

Could be good for us to quietly steal a point or two away from the glare of To. right now.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
**** no Lupul. Very concerning, throw in the towel if he isn't back soon

Lupul is the lifeline of this team

Kyle Doobas*

Key game considering Jersey is in ninth
Four of our next five games are against either NYR or NJ, both of whom are within 5 points of us, as well as a game vs. the Habs. This next week is gonna be huge if we don't want to find ourselves in 8th place and facing the Penguins in the first round (or worse yet, in 9th).

Penalty Kill Icing*

This is not a national game (Ontario only). So am hoping we dont' get Hughson, Simpson for a change.

Good chance of it going our way, imo.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

He's played 10 games and we're tied for fifth. This team has found ways to win without him. He makes us that much better when he's in the line up obviously but I know this team can find ways to win without him till he gets back. They've proven that already this year. Go Leafs Go. Leafs 4 Devils 2 :yo:

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

We were doing fine without him when he was injured earlier this season. But now there's more of a struggle.

EDIT: Guy above me beat me to the same statement pretty much.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Great minds think alike. :)
Yes :laugh: But we had to bring it out there. Lupul has only played 10 games this season. He does increase the Leafs chances of victory but we did not make the playoffs because of him. Kadri has been carrying this team most games and Reimer has been solid.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

You forgot to add one of these :cry:

Seriously, no need to be so melodramatic. 2012-13 - Lupul out for 27 games with a broken forearm.

Not having Lupul in the lineup is a huge loss but they still have 22 other players who can step in and compete.

edit: holy **** same comments within minutes apart lol

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
You forgot to add one of these :cry:

Seriously, no need to be so melodramatic. 2012-13 - Lupul out for 27 games with a broken forearm.

Not having Lupul in the lineup is a huge loss but they still have 22 other players who can step in and compete.

edit: holy **** same comments within minutes apart lol

best depth in the league in my opinion... not many teams can just slot in a Macarthur on your top lines when an injury occurs, and he will play like a legit top 6 forward with Kadri.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Why are we not putting Frattin back with Kadri? There was chemistry there. :help:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If O'Byrne isn't in the lineup on saturday, then what was the point in trading away a draft pick?

I know it was only a 4th round pick in next years draft, but if he's going to just sit in the press box, then there was no need to bring him up. You could have easily called up someone from the Marlies. Hopefully he gets into the lineup on saturday.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
If O'Byrne isn't in the lineup on saturday, then what was the point in trading away a draft pick?

I know it was only a 4th round pick in next years draft, but if he's going to just sit in the press box, then there was no need to bring him up. You could have easily called up someone from the Marlies. Hopefully he gets into the lineup on saturday.

Maybe Carlyle is trying to implement his system into him during practise first. Who knows.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
best depth in the league in my opinion... not many teams can just slot in a Macarthur on your top lines when an injury occurs, and he will play like a legit top 6 forward with Kadri.

A huge loss as I mentioned, but the team needs to find a way to overcome difficult situations when missing key players. Let me put this another way:

Sens: Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, Cowen, Karlsson
Leafs: Lupul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad