GDT: Toronto 2019 Cup Parade Tour Stop 12: Flames (5-5-1) @ Leafs (8-3-0). 5PM MT, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Dubas is not going to make that trade, he would stay away from Stone with a ten foot pole.

Yzerman might have some interest in Stone but doesn't have the cap space to be a player in such a trade unless it was both Frolik+Stone (8.0M for two years) for Callahan (5.8M for two years ) and Coburn (3.7M for one year). Lightning come away with the more functional pieces, Flames come away with a net 2.2M of extra cap space this offseason which they may outright need. Cal Foote in that trade would still be a pipedream though.

Yzerman stepped down, he's no longer the GM of the Lightning. Depending on what position we're in at the TDL I'd probably be open to dealing Stone and/or Frolik if they're lessened roles continue and the right deal comes along. If not I'm more than happy to keep them on for a playoff run, depth and experience really matters around that time, so many guys get banged up as the season winds down. The draft is still probably the best option, Treliving seems to be doing well getting some value out of the later round picks so having a couple extra won't hurt.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's where moving Stone for TIMOTHY LILJEGREN or Cal Foote might be wise because then you have an injury call up. Cal Foote likely would require a draft pick to go along with ... a third or a decent prospect.

Do we have idiots running the NHL club? One that would trade one of their better prospects for an overpaid 6th/7th dman?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If Sam was even a tenth of what you said he was wouldn't Sam still be on the first line tonight? Sam probably played his most invisible game of the season when he was on the first line.

What so does the coach like punishing star players? Doesn't recognize where the talent is?

Sam does his best when he plays against players in his skill range. Primarily second and third line players. And again how many points does Sam have playing with a first or second line RW?

You infer I dislike Sam but that is not the case but when I see him play I see Backlund in the early years. When he gets his complete game going Sam will be a great in a checking roll. To expect him to lead a team is unrealistic.

Wait so are you walking back your comments about him doing "zilch" vs Washington? I mean setting up the Hamonic goal seemed fairly important, it completely changed the momentum of the game.

Reactions: Janks

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Do we have idiots running the NHL club? One that would trade one of their better prospects for an overpaid 6th/7th dman?

Dubas is not going to make that trade, he would stay away from Stone with a ten foot pole.

Yzerman might have some interest in Stone but doesn't have the cap space to be a player in such a trade unless it was both Frolik+Stone (8.0M for two years) for Callahan (5.8M for two years ) and Coburn (3.7M for one year). Lightning come away with the more functional pieces, Flames come away with a net 2.2M of extra cap space this offseason which they may outright need. Cal Foote in that trade would still be a pipedream though.

You guys really under value Stone's caliber because we have an embarrassment of riches on the back end. You got to remember we had Derek Engelland on the third pairing and look how Vegas has used him. Stone is better than Engelland. On Tampa and Toronto Stone would likely slot in on the second pairing.

Calgary may not play like it has one of the best defense cores in the league some nights but in reality the names, speed and ability rival the best teams out there.

Tampa Bay's window is going to close soon as contracts and age take their toll on who is going to be in the line-up. Tampa likely has 2-3 more years of being a contender for a cup. In Toronto Stone is likely second pairing.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad