GDT: Toronto 2019 Cup Parade Tour Stop 12: Flames (5-5-1) @ Leafs (8-3-0). 5PM MT, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames are in tough, after playing a tight SOL to the defending Stanley Cup champs in Washington, Flames will visit the 2019 Cup Champions in Toronto.

:flames (as of practice)

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Hathaway - Ryan - Dube

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Andersson

Smith

:leafs

Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown
Ennis - Gauthier - Leivo

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Marincin - Ozg...something

Andersen

Story-lines to follow:
  • Toronto is without their 1C, They will move their other first line centre to the first line, and their other, other first line centre to the second line.
  • William Nylander, a far superior player than Matthew Tkachuk, will miss his 12th game of the season due to a contract hold out.
  • Leafs top pairing, which includes a superior Bobby Orr, will matchup against the Monahan line tonight.
  • Connor Brown, a far superior player than Sam Bennett, will demonstrate his capabilities on the third line head to head against Sam Bennett.
  • Speaking of Bennett, we have a live look at him playing with Jankowski once again:
  • 200.gif
  • Flames remain hopeful to receive non-league-worst goaltending tonight. More to follow.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'm hoping that the Flames depth players that I thought would be a strength before the season can feast on that Leafs third pair.

Ozhiganov has been awful every time I've caught any leafs action and Marincin is still no good.

Unfortunately the depth hasn't had the impact I thought they would have so far.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm hoping that the Flames depth players that I thought would be a strength before the season can feast on that Leafs third pair.

Ozhiganov has been awful every time I've caught any leafs action and Marincin is still no good.

Unfortunately the depth hasn't had the impact I thought they would have so far.

Their bottom 6 and bottom 4 is horrendous.
Hence their inability to keep the puck out of the net.

That all being said:
8-2 Leafs.

Reactions: crackdown44

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Offensively, you go as far as your centre depth in this league. Our top two centres look injured and our #3C has been disappointing.

Defensively... woof

Hard time being optimistic with those lines

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Other than Pittsburgh, Calgary has fair very well against the better teams.

Again after the Pittsburgh game I hope the FLames come out and have a strong game playing 60 minutes of their style of hockey. It is all about putting in the effort and playing the right way now.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
With Matthews out they have better top 6 centers than us. Yay

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Even though Toronto is a powerhouse offensively I don't see how. Without Matthews their forward core looks meh with only Marner and Tavares. Their depth looks terrible and their defence, lawd it is bad.

Flames easily lose.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Has Matthews even done anything against the Flames? Pretty much remember him as a non-factor in all 4 games

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Flames are in tough, after playing a tight SOL to the defending Stanley Cup champs in Washington, Flames will visit the 2019 Cup Champions in Toronto.

:flames (as of practice)

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Hathaway - Ryan - Dube

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Valimaki - Andersson

Smith

:leafs

Hyman - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown
Ennis - Gauthier - Leivo

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Marincin - Ozg...something

Andersen

Story-lines to follow:
  • Toronto is without their 1C, They will move their other first line centre to the first line, and their other, other first line centre to the second line.
  • William Nylander, a far superior player than Matthew Tkachuk, will miss his 12th game of the season due to a contract hold out.
  • Leafs top pairing, which includes a superior Bobby Orr, will matchup against the Monahan line tonight.
  • Connor Brown, a far superior player than Sam Bennett, will demonstrate his capabilities on the third line head to head against Sam Bennett.
  • Speaking of Bennett, we have a live look at him playing with Jankowski once again:
  • 200.gif
  • Flames remain hopeful to receive non-league-worst goaltending tonight. More to follow.

Also Gaudreau wishes he was as good as Marner. Damn I feel sad.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Even though Toronto is a powerhouse offensively I don't see how. Without Matthews their forward core looks meh with only Marner and Tavares. Their depth looks terrible and their defence, lawd it is bad.

Flames easily lose.

They are also missing Nylander on a hold out.

Hope for a injury free game tonight guys - should be a good game I think. I always enjoy Canadian matchups there is nothing else like them.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Will be at the game. Hoping Master Bill rallies his troops out to shut this noisy crowd up!

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
10 - .5 for the Leafs, because they won't be outshone by the Pens... Also, the Leafs could purchase the Flames 365 times a year, eight days week, all day.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I think we play a great defensive game and only give up 22 shots but lose 5-1. That being said I’m still starting Mike Smith in fantasy tonight

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Jesus Christ I’m watching the 5pm half hour version of sportscentre and they’ve spent 10 minutes on Matthews so far. I’m literally watching Geno Reda standing in a doctor’s office being explained what a shoulder separation is by a doctor with a composite shoulder in his hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad