Player Discussion Torey Krug III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'll take the 100 points from Krug and Heinen vs. 80 pts. from Panarin.

I'd actually be surprised if Panarin got 80 pts. in Boston. He's not getting the type of role he got with CBJ with Marchand and especially Pastrnak around.

And unlike Kovalchuk who could play the point on the PP umbrella, Panarin would have to slide right onto Pastrnak's spot on the 1st unit PP to see 80 pts. out of him.

So if you bring in Panarin, either his production is going down, or Pasta's is.

Meanwhile you still lost a 60 pt D-man, and a 40 pt. cost-controlled winger who can play on both special teams and both sides (don't be surprised if Heinen ends up on RW this year.

I disagree with your analysis

Panarin is a stud and one of the scariest offensive players in the league today

You trade Krug + Heinen (plus extra) for Panarin yesterday (as long as he is open to resign)

Gerry Long

Jun 30, 2018
I'll take the 100 points from Krug and Heinen vs. 80 pts. from Panarin.

I'd actually be surprised if Panarin got 80 pts. in Boston. He's not getting the type of role he got with CBJ with Marchand and especially Pastrnak around.

And unlike Kovalchuk who could play the point on the PP umbrella, Panarin would have to slide right onto Pastrnak's spot on the 1st unit PP to see 80 pts. out of him.

So if you bring in Panarin, either his production is going down, or Pasta's is.

Meanwhile you still lost a 60 pt D-man, and a 40 pt. cost-controlled winger who can play on both special teams and both sides (don't be surprised if Heinen ends up on RW this year.

If we're giving up Krug and Heinen... Why not toss in Backes and some picks/prospects and go all in for a signed Karlson!!

Reactions: BruinDust

Gerry Long

Jun 30, 2018
Has to be some holes in Panarin games/attitude. Potentially three trades in four years putting up similar numbers to Pastrnak !!

Reactions: Strafer

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
One hole filled to create two others?

Marchand-bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-krejci-Panarin
Bjork-______-Backes
Wagner-kuraly-acciari
Nordstrom-Fitzgerald

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
McQuaid

Rask
Halak

Really only holes would be a 3rd line center and an 8th defender to be signed before the start of the season. Also gives us a dynamic 2nd line that could potentially be better than quite a few other teams first lines.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Marchand-bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-krejci-Panarin
Bjork-______-Backes
Wagner-kuraly-acciari
Nordstrom-Fitzgerald

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
McQuaid

Rask
Halak

Really only holes would be a 3rd line center and an 8th defender to be signed before the start of the season. Also gives us a dynamic 2nd line that could potentially be better than quite a few other teams first lines.

Fair enough, good looking lineup.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Not sure how anyone can watch the conference and stanley cup finals the last few years and not see why krug is so valuable.

This board overvalues Carlo and undervalues Krug like it stopped watching hockey in 2003.

I'm halfway with you.

I think the board undervalues Krug AND undervalues Carlo to be honest.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If we're giving up Krug and Heinen... Why not toss in Backes and some picks/prospects and go all in for a signed Karlson!!

Backes probably doesn't help get that deal done (why would he waive his NMC to go to that mess of a organization).

But your spot on, if your moving Krug +, I'd much rather see them go after a D-man like Karlsson than a luxury scoring winger like Panarin.

I don't get the fascination with Panarin. Reeks of two years ago when Gabriel Landeskog was everyones luxury winger.

Washington just won a cup with OV, Oshie, and who was their 3rd best winger again? Wilson? Vrana?

Pittsburgh had Kessel, Hornqvist, their 3rd best winger was a rookie/sophmore in Guentzel.

If Pasta and Marchand weren't on the same line no one would be talking about Panarin.

Reactions: Gerry Long

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How do you figure? Gryz would be the guy to sit for me until the inevitable injury.

Team is sick of spending 3rd picks at the deadline for one and dones. You are allowed to carry 8 defensemen.

Why would Grz sit? he proved last season that he is a competent defensemen

Its not everyday you see a 3rd pair guy score 15 pts and have a plus 20.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why would Grz sit? he proved last season that he is a competent defensemen

Its not everyday you see a 3rd pair guy score 15 pts and have a plus 20.
I’d hope they’ve already done it. But I’d imagine they have to decide if Gryz’s ceiling is higher than Krug’s. Krug is probably there now (his peak).

Does Gryz have a better trajectory defensively/little bit less offensively? If so I can’t see Krug being around come opening night.

Tough call though.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I’d hope they’ve already done it. But I’d imagine they have to decide if Gryz’s ceiling is higher than Krug’s. Krug is probably there now (his peak).

Does Gryz have a better trajectory defensively/little bit less offensively? If so I can’t see Krug being around come opening night.

Tough call though.

I doubt that they are going to carry all of these Ds come opening night.

Mcquaid is the extra... I think we can all agree

otherwise there is no reason for anybody else to sit. Moore was playing top 4 min last season and helped the lowly Devils sneak into the playoffs. Grz was steady and someone Cassidy trusted last season.

At the end of the day somebody has to go. Maybe its Miller (but not sure if Moore can play RHD spot).

I still think it will be Krug. Sweeney phone is ringing...."hey you got a surplus of Ds, what is the price of Krug"... And as these phone call rotates, maybe Sweeney will receive an offer that hits the spot. Worst case he also receives interest for Grz and he is the one to go instead (which would be too bad as he is on a great cheap deal plus is just scratching the surface).

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I doubt that they are going to carry all of these Ds come opening night.

Mcquaid is the extra... I think we can all agree

otherwise there is no reason for anybody else to sit. Moore was playing top 4 min last season and helped the lowly Devils sneak into the playoffs. Grz was steady and someone Cassidy trusted last season.

At the end of the day somebody has to go. Maybe its Miller (but not sure if Moore can play RHD spot).

I still think it will be Krug. Sweeney phone is ringing...."hey you got a surplus of Ds, what is the price of Krug"... And as these phone call rotates, maybe Sweeney will receive an offer that hits the spot. Worst case he also receives interest for Grz and he is the one to go instead (which would be too bad as he is on a great cheap deal plus is just scratching the surface).
End of the day it might just come down to money on who goes. Barring a take off in stats Gryz will be cheap to resign.

Krug is going to get paid in two years. A lot if he can put up similar numbers

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
End of the day it might just come down to money on who goes. Barring a take off in stats Gryz will be cheap to resign.

Krug is going to get paid in two years. A lot if he can put up similar numbers

And Gryz will be cheap to resign because he is a 6/7 with very limited value.

Barring a take off in stats, Gryz will have a very difficult time keeping his job, and not losing it to any of the very talented kids in the pipeline behind him

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
And Gryz will be cheap to resign because he is a 6/7 with very limited value.

Barring a take off in stats, Gryz will have a very difficult time keeping his job, and not losing it to any of the very talented kids in the pipeline behind him

Grzelcyk was legitimately one of the best bottom pairing defencemen in the league in 17/18. His puck possession numbers were off the charts good and to me he displayed top-4 potential. He'll never be a huge point scorer, but there's no reason why he couldn't evolve into another Jared Spurgeon type.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

You trade Krug + Heinen (plus extra) for Panarin yesterday (as long as he is open to resign)

Panarin is exactly that scary good. He was under the shadow of Kane in Chicago and alot of people thought he was flourishing off of Kane but once he go to Columbus he showed that wasn't the case as he carried that offense most of the season, he's elite+.

Krug and Heinen for Panarin. Im with ya none deal yesterday.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Panarin is a hot commodity, and rightfully so. He would make this offense the best in the East. While Krug won't be easily replaced, there are ample LHDs on the roster or ready to graduate, that the upgrade on RW justifies it. Same with Heinen. Old adage, gotta give to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad