Confirmed Trade: [TOR/VAN] Luke Schenn for 2023 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Wow, a lot less than he was hyped up to be worth.

McCabe, Schenn and Gustafsson added at the TDL with only Sandin out? I know Muzzin is done but that leaves Reilly, Brodie, Liljegren, Giordano, Holl, McCabe, Schenn, Gustafsson no? 8 NHL D?
Timmins as well who has shown that he can play a bottom pairing role.

I’d say we have 9 NHL top 6 calibre D, with Mete and Benn being top AHL / #7 guys.

Reactions: LokiDog

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not sure why Toronto traded Sandin he was a good young D-man.

Yeah sucks, wasn't really a spot left for him. He was unhappy earlier with his limited ice time and lack of involvement on the PP. I think he'll do better in Washington, they'll give him quality minutes and usage. On the LD we now have, Rielly/Gio/McCabe/ and Brodie plays both LD/RD. made it really hard to slot him in the lineup. I think it's kinda doing right by the player and also acquiring more assets, we have a 1st now.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Interesting. The popular Canuck fan opinion before today was that he was going to return what you now think is lopsided.
That's not really true though and we get annoyed whenever people quote one of our more ridiculous posters and try and paint us all with the same brush. I would say most reasonable Canucks fans were hoping for a 2nd but expecting pretty much what they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad