Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL/MIN] O'Reilly, Acciari, Pillar to TOR; Abramov, Gaudette, ‘23 1st, ‘23 3rd, ‘24 2nd to STL; ‘25 4th to MIN

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm not a fan of Abromov, essentially a first, a second, a third and a redundant prospect? So cheap.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
These picks are meaningless to Tor, but meaningful to STL. ROR has faced the toughest competition on STL. Give him a lesser role in TOR and he'll likely thrive.

I agree but a slight change: the picks are meaningless to Toronto as long as they win.

This really seems like a deal where the value paid doesn't matter, all that matters is whether they win.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
ROR's value spontaneously tanks on hfboards, how unpredictable!

Not sure where you’ve been. He’s been an old man skating with a cane not worth hardly a 2nd to quite a few people.

This is a great trade for both sides. ROR and Acciari are built for playoff hockey. That’s a 3 line nightmare for opponents. Gonna really open up the skill guys for TOR

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Absolutely horrible deal for Toronto. Armstrong fleeced Toronto here hardcore. If and when Toronto loses yet again in rd 1, this trade has sealed dubas’s fate.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Ok, I'm no Toronto fan, but I've been saying this for years. I think when they do finally get past the first round their going to the finals. The cards are lined up this year. They'd have to beat Tampa and Boston finally. And I think if the goaltending is at least decent they could pull it off.

Of course they'd lose in the finals in game 7, but it would be a huge step in the right direction.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Anyone calling this an overpayment for the Leafs is a sorry, twisted individual. They don't lose from their current roster and are in win-now mode, adding two quality players. Typical HFBoards insanity.

Great trade for Toronto, let's see if Tampa responds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad