Confirmed Trade: [TOR/STL/MIN] O'Reilly, Acciari, Pillar to TOR; Abramov, Gaudette, ‘23 1st, ‘23 3rd, ‘24 2nd to STL; ‘25 4th to MIN

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
ROR still don't think is 100% because its uncharacteristic for him to lose the draws he was losing. His finger is still bothering him but despite that, there is a sense of calm he resonates. He's very much a welcomed addition and hope we can find a way to extend him beyond this year.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
I hate this because as a Sabres fan I never held any bad feelings towards ROR. He's likel literally the ideal full hockey player. I loved McCabe. Schenn would've been perfect for us.

The Leafs had a good "deadline". I can't cheer for the Leafs but I can cheer for these guys. Makes my head spin lol
Yes you can, there is no Toronto-Buffalo beef. No Leaf fan that thinks of the Sabres outside of games vs them.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
ROR still don't think is 100% because its uncharacteristic for him to lose the draws he was losing. His finger is still bothering him but despite that, there is a sense of calm he resonates. He's very much a welcomed addition and hope we can find a way to extend him beyond this year.
I’ve broken a finger before. As well as other breaks. And honestly the finger took the longest for all pain to disappear. You’d feel like it was 100% fine and then it gets tapped, bent, or pressed upon in a specific way and the pain just lasers back through your whole hand. I’ve had a compound fracture of my arm also, only reason I bring it up. Overall the arm was FAR more painful not even in the same world of pain level to the finger. But my finger took almost twice as long for all pain to go away in compared to my arm. So he will probably have pain in his finger in so form or function until next season.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Does this mean the pick TML got for Sandin is better than the pick they traded for ROR?

tvillewr4

Jan 2, 2012
Illinois
Acciari was having a fantastic year before the deadline, im not shocked at all leaf fans are pleased with him. Bonus points he was playing with ROR a ton too, too bad they had a revolving door of meh as the third on that line

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
No, but if you don't make good picks while you're winning you end up like Philly
If you let Paul Holgren run your organisation for 20 years you end up like the Flyers.
IF you look at the Leafs draft record since Dubas was made GM and his draft philosophy was put fully in place it doesn't matter what you do with the first pick you make in the draft. They have made 30 picks in the first 4 years (I am not counting 2023 picks) 9 have already played in the NHL. Thats a 30% hit rate in less than 5 years.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If you let Paul Holgren run your organisation for 20 years you end up like the Flyers.
IF you look at the Leafs draft record since Dubas was made GM and his draft philosophy was put fully in place it doesn't matter what you do with the first pick you make in the draft. They have made 30 picks in the first 4 years (I am not counting 2023 picks) 9 have already played in the NHL. Thats a 30% hit rate in less than 5 years.
Kyles drafting isn't anything to write home about. His misguided theory on "hitting big" with 5'nothing D and forwards has been a train wreck.
Thankfully it seems hes finally shifted gears towards larger forwards & D with high picks: Amirov, Knies, Minten

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I sincerely hope the Leafs can extend O'Reilly and Acciari, assuming they are interested in staying of course. They have been the perfect fit for this team.

Reactions: LeafSteel

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Kyles drafting isn't anything to write home about. His misguided theory on "hitting big" with 5'nothing D and forwards has been a train wreck.
Thankfully it seems hes finally shifted gears towards larger forwards & D with high picks: Amirov, Knies, Minten
Hasn't been 7 years. To properly rate a draft you need to go 7 years. Having 30% play in the NHL is not a train wreck.
Amirov is not a larger forward so don't be too offended if I take your scouting with a very large grain of salt. Size is not nearly as important in todays NHL as it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad