Confirmed with Link: [TOR/STL] Leafs (retain $200k ?) trade Carl Gunnarsson and 94th pick for Roman Polak

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not happy. Replacing Gunnarsson with Polak is just a sideways move at best.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Oh ffs one of our better D-man going out? I hope Polak is worth it. Don't know much about him. He is coming from one of the best defensive teams in the league though so that's... something.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Gunersson is god awful. I ragged on him on year. It's a joke we gave a pick up also tho

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
So we have 4 bottom pairing dman in Gleason, Franson, Polak and Rielly (So far he averaged 3rd pairing ice time in his nhl career but obviously has top pairing potential sometime in his career)

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
lol people complain if we don't do something, people will complain if we do something

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Little run down on Polak. Built like a fridge, he's short but stocky as hell. His brother is a bodybuilder, and it shows. He's one of the strongest guys in the league. He wins the conditioning contest for the Blues every single year. VERY fast skater. It doesn't seem like he should be, but he is. He's an okay fighter, a great personality. His biggest weakness is his outlet pass. When paired with another guy that can't pass, Jackman, they were an absolute trainwreck. Paired with a guy that can pass, but maybe isn't physical is ideal. Polak can handle the physicality and positioning, but the offensive side of the game is very limited. We are very sad to see Roman go. Hope he thrives in Toronto!

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Little run down on Polak. Built like a fridge, he's short but stocky as hell. His brother is a bodybuilder, and it shows. He's one of the strongest guys in the league. He wins the conditioning contest for the Blues every single year. VERY fast skater. It doesn't seem like he should be, but he is. He's an okay fighter, a great personality. His biggest weakness is his outlet pass. When paired with another guy that can't pass, Jackman, they were an absolute trainwreck. Paired with a guy that can pass, but maybe isn't physical is ideal. Polak can handle the physicality and positioning, but the offensive side of the game is very limited. We are very sad to see Roman go. Hope he thrives in Toronto!

So he can be paired with Gardiner or Rielly I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad