Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F Adam Gaudette to 1 year deal, 750K

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I've followed this player since he played at Northeastern and watched him play games in Vancouver, but go off based on your highlight package.

His skating is sluggish at top speed.

There is one reality about such one year deals, they motivate players. He has had success in the Worlds, he is young and probably a bit sour for not being resigned in Ottawa, this is the moment to bring it because the NHL is a difficult league to stick.

There is NO other city to play in than Toronto if you want to show your talent and effort, especially with this high profile group. How many players have come here and shown what they can do and they earn a contract with a bump in salary? This year alone we saw it with Kase, Campbell and Lybushkin. Other times you stick around and earn a bump as Holl did.

My advice to this guy would be to train smart (basically just don't get injured), come into camp with focus and realize that if you play a hard nosed, simple, smart game in which you are not a liability while throwing in some points now and again, you will remain in the NHL. The Leafs always have other GMs eyes on the team.

Take it from some of us who loved the game since we were kids and could only dream to be in the NHL, don't waste the opportunity. Just bring the right attitude and sacrifice.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think he will be a nice surprise. He has an engine that won't quit. The World's showed that he can bring some offence.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Solid depth player to have on the roster to fill in if necessary in the bottom six.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Was hoping he would turn the corner with his health issue 'under control'.

Must say he has underwhelmed thus far. Perhaps time with the Marlies will help?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Was hoping he would turn the corner with his health issue 'under control'.

Must say he has underwhelmed thus far. Perhaps time with the Marlies will help?

I'd say he has no chance of making the Leafs.

Anderson and Malgin have both been much better as waiver eligible players, and there have been a number of better waiver ineligible guys too.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I'd say he has no chance of making the Leafs.

Anderson and Malgin have both been much better as waiver eligible players, and there have been a number of better waiver ineligible guys too.

IMO there is a much longer list of last years Marlies and prospects that have played better in the preseason than Gaudette than you have listed.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's too bad getting healthy didn't turn him into a decent hockey player. Oh well, it was fine to try him out but clearly his poor results over the years weren't a fluke

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I like this signing.

Don't watch him too hard over the 82 regular season games. I think they're looking for guys who can rise above other depth players in the playoffs when the NHL grueling grind has kicked in fully. Playoffs is for the warriors. Regular season is more inclusive.

I don't really think they care if they miss on Gaudette. He just has a package and the right age to bring on board for that better luck of owning one of those depth guys who come out of no where for a game or two or three to help the squad in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I like this signing.

Don't watch him too hard over the 82 regular season games. I think they're looking for guys who can rise above other depth players in the playoffs when the NHL grueling grind has kicked in fully. Playoffs is for the warriors. Regular season is more inclusive.
Are you suggesting he makes the team or will be a year long Marlie recalled for the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad