Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F Adam Gaudette to 1 year deal, 750K

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Wasn't he allegedly the guy who didn't follow COVID protocol which led to the majority of Canuck players getting infected which eventually led to him getting dealt.

The problem is there is no way to determine who is patient zero in most Covid cases. So to blame one guy is really stupid. He also didn’t break protocol. His wife went on a ski trip and then he got sick after. His wife isn’t apart of the team, she’s free to do whatever she wants.

They kind of just assumed that’s how it got it. But it was never proven.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
This is a very mediocre signing, just a warm body really. Watched a lot of his shifts on InStat this afternoon from the past 3 years and he’s not an NHL player on a contending team. Horrendous skater with very little offence to his game. I’d expect him to be in and out of the lineup, problem is the we don’t really have too many others banging down the door to take those spots

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
This is a very mediocre signing, just a warm body really. Watched a lot of his shifts on InStat this afternoon from the past 3 years and he’s not an NHL player on a contending team. Horrendous skater with very little offence to his game. I’d expect him to be in and out of the lineup, problem is the we don’t really have too many others banging down the door to take those spots

I watched his shifts this afternoon :laugh:

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Gaudette has never cleared waivers in his career before. If he doesn't make the team out of camp I doubt he makes it through waivers either.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Gaudette has never cleared waivers in his career before. If he doesn't make the team out of camp I doubt he makes it through waivers either.

If a team really wanted him, they could have signed him.

He is a Seney-level guy. Teams have a bunch of guys like him, and there are a bunch still available.

I think he clears waivers. He doesn't really play a depth game that well, so the main thing that made guys like Shore and Amadio attractive is gone.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Leafs are re-building the 4th line. He can C the 4th line just fine. Gaudette and Kubel are good cheap options to replace slow players like Clifford and Simmonds.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
Well he was the leading scorer on a team that made the semi-finals at the last World Hockey Championship and finished T-4 in goal scoring for the tournament. So there's that.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Sens fan here.

I'll start by saying I was glad we didn't QO Gaudette, but would have happily looped back to him later in the offseason as a 14th/15th forward if we were looking to fill that role. I don't think he's an every day NHLer, and I don't think he can bring it every night, and I don't think you want to count on him, but you can plug him in and he may be able to help you on any given night.

I believe his first game with us he scored a big goal and then took a horrible penalty to cause the game-losing goal... but, for the most part, he was able to be a bit more "low event even" than "high event even", which is what coaches tend to prefer from non-star players. IMO he was more reliable than Ennis (many would disagree with me there), but I was very happy that we chose to keep Gambrell over him (despite the fact that Gambrell has zero offensive ability).

Gaudette works hard, but not necessarily smart. He isn't totally weak, but isn't that strong. He has ok skill and a good shot, but doesn't use his assets consistently. He can get very lost defensively but tries hard. He can play PP if needed, but isn't good enough at it to justify an every-day spot. He doesn't come close to a guy like Aube Kubel, who was a very, very nice add for you guys IMO.

I don't think he's any better than a guy like Galchenyuk, and I really don't see him as an NHL C. Even if you guys don't add another body, I would think SDA or Malgin would have a decent chance at beating him for a spot.

As for the personality: I also don't think he is a jerk or a bad guy or anything like that... I would just describe him as a bit of a goof. Not necessarily the sharpest tack in the box. And yeah, I could see that wearing thin, especially with the COVID shit, but I think that was a combination of being in Vancouver for a while, coming in with some hype, being big man on campus in college, thinking he was better than he really was at the NHL level/trying junior-type skill plays... but I think he has humbled himself a lot and learned to tone all that down. I don't think he has it in him to be a leader or the prototypical pro, but I don't think he is a real negative either. He means well, he tries his best, but he is a bit odd and maybe a bit slow.

I am not trying to shit on him, I know it seems like I'm a rival fan coming in and being negative, but that's not what I'm trying to do at all. And, for what it's worth, every Leafs fan I've spoken to and the majority of you in this thread seem to be right on the money as far as what to expect. Just figured I would throw my two cents in as a Sens fan who watched every game last year, and who lived in Vancouver and watched a lot of Vancouver games in Gaudette's first two pro seasons.

Felix the Cat Potvin

Jun 18, 2022
Leafs are re-building the 4th line. He can C the 4th line just fine. Gaudette and Kubel are good cheap options to replace slow players like Clifford and Simmonds.
Gaudette isn't fast either. Defensively suspect. But he's a strong finisher, kind of like a poor man's McCann. Wonder who will be feeding him though.

Kind of a weird player to get for a contender TBH.

Maybe they're trying to sign ZAR to reunite the Northeastern super-line.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Adam Gaudette | Media Availability

July 15, 2022

Adam Gaudette addresses the media for the first time as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad