Confirmed Trade: [TOR/SEA] Mark Giordano (50% retained) and Colin Blackwell for 2022 2nd, 2023 2nd, 2024 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Honestly - for people that want honest opinions of the trade - just go to seattle's sub-forum and check out their fans opinions of the trade. They still think Giordano is a good top 4 dman (maybe not top pairing) - so I'm not sure why neutral teams fans are coming in to spiel about how bad Giordano is and that Leafs are getting bounced in the 1st.

We don't need Giordano to be our #1 D - that's Rielly. Gio will be a staple on our 2nd pairing paired with Brodie - who was Calgary's top pairing just 3 years ago.

Rielly - Lybushkin
Giordano - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl

Looks like a solid contenders d core to me

Reactions: Sypher04 and zeke

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Honestly - for people that want honest opinions of the trade - just go to seattle's sub-forum and check out their fans opinions of the trade. They still think Giordano is a good top 4 dman (maybe not top pairing) - so I'm not sure why neutral teams fans are coming in to spiel about how bad Giordano is and that Leafs are getting bounced in the 1st.

We don't need Giordano to be our #1 D - that's Rielly. Gio will be a staple on our 2nd pairing paired with Brodie - who was Calgary's top pairing just 3 years ago.

Rielly - Lybushkin
Giordano - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl

Looks like a solid contenders d core to me
Isn't Muzzin day-to-day, though? How can he be in the third line?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Huge haul for Seattle. They win the trade.
You're probably right. Only one team wins the Cup. Every seller wins and only one buyer doesn't lose.

If we get a major contribution from him he can earn his keep. If we win the Cup you'll be trying to forget this post.

But odds are in your favor.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
All the best to Gio, what a player in his prime. Not going to win anything with Toronto but at least he'll see the playoffs.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Last shot at the Cup, perhaps.
Strong reason to believe he’ll get the Spezza/Simmonds short term small dollar contract to stick around.
All indications are that he really made it a priority to come home to Toronto. Probably extends for around a mill or so for a season or two.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Strong reason to believe he’ll get the Spezza/Simmonds short term small dollar contract to stick around.
All indications are that he really made it a priority to come home to Toronto. Probably extends for around a mill or so for a season or two.
Hometown discount, I suppose.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Severely outplayed is a massive stretch, they slightly outplayed them maybe IMO. Same as their series vs CBJ where Leaf fans complained about running into a hot goalie and blamed Andersen, but they were shutout twice in 5 games and Andersen had a .936 that series.
When you were out scored and outshot through a series, with every advanced stat imaginable leaning hard to 1 team, you were pretty severely outplayed bud. Sorry. Advanced stats also don’t take into account ‘who’ is shooting the puck. The leafs had point blank shots from their stars and just couldn’t buy a goal. They needed another goal or another save and didn’t get either. Montreal and Columbus did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad