Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ron Hainsey (2 Years, $3.0M AAV)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Interested to see the cap hit on this. Hainsey has his benefist come playoff time when you can get away with more hugging and clearing out the net, he's slow though.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Other Leaf fans saying Hunwick was terrible are seriously delusional.

Hunwick is better than Hainsey. Not by a lot, but he's better. If they sign similar contracts, this is a downgrade for the Leafs.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Wanted the 3rd LHD spot to go to one of our guys internally...but I'm ok if its a low cap hit. Still need to see the details

As for Hunwick versus Hainsey. I'd rather Hainsey, so it's not a huge deal. But I'd also rather neither (depending on the cap hit).

I think our management looked at a team like PIT and how important that depth is on the blueline with possible injuries. I think Dermott will take the 3rd pair LHD spot out of camp, and Hainsey will be the 7th D.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I think Dermott will take the 3rd pair LHD spot out of camp, and Hainsey will be the 7th D.

Then I'm more than happy with it, but he better get paid accordingly which is why I'm going to wait patiently for the details.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Meh, indifferent. Will wait to see the term/hit. At the very least it's a good leadership figure for the kids.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Hainsey can still defend, kill penalties etc. but he's extremely limited. He obviously doesn't bring much offense, has mobility issues and can't move the puck. Whoever plays with him will have to do basically all the puck moving.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Hainsey is slow as molasses, but he did turn on the jets to make a coast to coast play and score in the cup finals. So maybe he was just saving it up?

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Solid bottom pairing guy.. Shouldn't be used higher than as a #5.. Good guy too. In the playoffs he takes full advantage of the officials not calling penalties

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
With Polak gone they needed someone to clear the crease on the PK. Can't just have a bunch of soft PMD out there.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
All the signs are pointing at them counting on Liljegren to step up in a couple of years to be an impact defenseman. Leafs were suppose to sign or trade for a top 4 D and Lou even said that in an interview with Sportsnet, I think?!! Any way the way the off season is shaping out though is completely different from what he said on that interview. Instead of bringing impact guys he promised these are lateral signings at best and I think it has to be the way the draft unfolded.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
All the signs are pointing at them counting on Liljegren to step up in a couple of years to be an impact defenseman. Leafs were suppose to sign or trade for a top 4 D and Lou even said that in an interview with Sportsnet, I think?!! Any way the way the off season is shaping out though is completely different from what he said on that interview. Instead of bringing impact guys he promised these are lateral signings at best and I think it has to be the way the draft unfolded.
11:40AM July 1st 2017 and this guy has it all figured out

rofl

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga

It's July 1st

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad