Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ron Hainsey (2 Years, $3.0M AAV)

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I can live with 2 years as a depth guy. Good experience for the young ones to listen too. His speed is still there so he will keep up. Still..just meh hope the cost isn't too much.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
I see Hainsey of more of a Polak swap than a Hunwick swap (he shoots right - right?). We need a good PK defenseman, and I think Hainsey can still play that role well. If he's not playing up to par, he'll likely be cheap enough to hold onto as a #7 - worst case.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Good veteran depth signing. There will be a lot of competition for the 3rd pair LHD spot with Dermott, Rosen, Marincin, etc.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I see Hainsey of more of a Polak swap than a Hunwick swap (he shoots right - right?). We need a good PK defenseman, and I think Hainsey can still play that role well. If he's not playing up to par, he'll likely be cheap enough to hold onto as a #7 - worst case.

Hainsey shoots left.

But I agree, should be a good #6, and if not he'll be our #7.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Good veteran depth signing. There will be a lot of competition for the 3rd pair LHD spot with Dermott, Rosen, Marincin, etc.

Wanted the 3rd LHD spot to go to one of our guys internally...but I'm ok if its a low cap hit. Still need to see the details

As for Hunwick versus Hainsey. I'd rather Hainsey, so it's not a huge deal. But I'd also rather neither (depending on the cap hit).

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pens GM Jim Rutherford knows the key to success is to turn & burn the depth guys and hope to get younger with the new ones you bring in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad