Confirmed with Link: [TOR-OTT] Phaneuf/Frattin/3 Others for Michalek/Greening/Cowen/Lindberg/2nd17

Status
Not open for further replies.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
And Michalek is the money we have to take coming back . . . THAT, I can definitely take. He's 4 mil a year (looking it up now) until end of next year.

But he's actually still somewhat productive, so that's totally cool.

I'm in 7th heaven right now, this sounds like the deal of the century so far.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I'm a little shocked to be honest. I was liking the way Dion was playing this year, don't think the Leafs got much for him.......I'm thinking the Leafs are clearing the cap to make some splashes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So this is essentially

Phaneuf for Michalek, Cowen, Lindberg and a 2nd

The AHL fodder we send, and Greening are all pretty much irrelevant.

Color me shocked!

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Phaneuf era is over!!!

New logo - new captain - new era.

Based on that article that came out last week about Phaneuf being great in the room, wonder if that was to start pushing a trade. Also wonder if Phaneuf asked for one too.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Wow, just wow. Another untradeable player gone for a good return. I just hope this turns out well for us, don't like trading within the division. We've never heard the end of the Kessel deal.

Not huge on Cowen, but Ive always liked Michalek and very happy about Lindberg. 2nd could be decently high. And no retention is awesome.

Good luck Dion (usually I mean this as I genuinely love Phaneuf, but in this case I certainly do not, I hope you **** the bed forever in Ottawa!!)

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I know everyone is excited and in shock .....

I think the biggest thing is getting rid of Phaneufs contract but am I the only one that is feeling "meh" at the rest of the pieces in the trade?

as a sens fan I am sad to see Michalek go he is a good vet and a useful player. When he is healthy you will like him. Lindberg has shown potential but has had some attitude issues in the ahl, but he's young and could easily over come them. The second might be the most valuable thing in the trade.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
No retention? Awesome!

Lindberg? Amazing

AND A 2nd rounder?
Awesome!

That's basically it, plus Michalek as an NHL body. I would have liked Lazar but if I was Ottawa, no way would I have done that.

No retention seals the deal.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Phaneuf era is over!!!

New logo - new captain - new era.

Based on that article that came out last week about Phaneuf being great in the room, wonder if that was to start pushing a trade. Also wonder if Phaneuf asked for one too.

Or he might just be good in the room? Havent heard a bad thing about him and his locker room qualities since he's come here.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
I love our management team so much, we're getting a good forward prospect, a D project who if we can fix will be a solid guy on our blue line, a second rounder, a cap dump that's expiring in 2017....AND NO SALARY RETAINED. Not used to being this happy with our front office, so jarring after years of ********.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not a good return but some decent pieces to work with. Michalek and Cowen could be decent trade bait by this time next year. Greening is just fodder.

Lindberg and a 2nd is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad