Confirmed Trade: [TOR/OTT] Nikita Zaitsev, Connor Brown, and M. Carcone for Cody Ceci, B. Harpur, A. Luchuk, 2020 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If Dubas somehow manages to rid himself of Brown and Zaitsev for Ceci, I'll pitch in gas money to get them to the airport, heck I'll drive them myself!
Why? Getting rid of Zaitsev would be a good move ( unless the plan is to sign Ceci for more than a year). But Brown likely has value and would bring back a pick.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'd rather pump and dump ceci than have zaitsev
Same one and done,we reach the floor for this season...Then we have no issues next season when we have a big ticket like Chabot to sign ...Unless we are getting a very good add ,this deal make absolutely no sense for Ottawa....

However I wont be surprised if we get jobbed yet again seeing as our owner is a nut job

Reactions: derriko

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Really agree.

And like it's so random for the Sens to want to invest in Zaitsev of all players. Of all the players they let go over the past year...

Andthey were so adamant on not helping a rival they refused to trade Hoffman within the division... this is literally the biggest solid you can do for any team in the league lol

Reactions: derriko

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
And like it's so random for the Sens to want to invest in Zaitsev of all players. Of all the players they let go over the past year...

Andthey were so adamant on not helping a rival they refused to trade Hoffman within the division... this is literally the biggest solid you can do for any team in the league lol

If this trade goes through like it should, then twice in 3 years they deal with their biggest rival

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Why? Getting rid of Zaitsev would be a good move. But Brown likely has value and would bring back a pick.

He makes 2.1 million and put up 8 goals last year. You can't have that from a 4th liner, especially in a cap world.

Replacing him internally with a league min player saves another 1+ million on the cap. It helps the Leafs resigning their top end players, not sure how this is hard to see, tbh.

Reactions: LindrosLeafs88

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Yep,if it goes down ...Please try to remember that our owner is an asshole,and we arent getting anywhere close to value on any trade we make

Reactions: bigfatfist

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I dont see the Sens motivation for this unless they're also getting Bracco and a 2nd round pick

They're about 10 million under the cap right now with 7 spots to fill. Originally I figured it would be one of their 3 goalies coming back and not Ceci, but we re-signed Hutch, so I doubt it.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
They need someone to fill in the RHD minutes this year.

I'd rather Ceci sink that have prospects being rushed
It's what i want in Ottawa as well. Just do another year of Ceci logging minutes and tank again in a year where Ottawa actually have their first round pick.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

It's lucky for Toronto that our coach wants this player and we can get him a bit cheaper when the bonus is paid. And I assume we're gonna get something, even if it's just brown, those two players will be placeholders while our prospects get ready.

But yes, I hope we're smart enough to demand a 2nd as well, but I seriously doubt it

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I think he said ‘there’s likely’ a sweetener being added by TO?

"TOR and OTT appear to have a tentative trade in place that would send Nikita Zaitsev to OTT in exchange for Cody Ceci. There may be another part or parts to it but the deal can’t be finalized until July 1, when TOR pays Zaitsev’s $3M signing bonus.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
He makes 2.1 million and put up 8 goals last year. You can't have that from a 4th liner, especially in a cap world.

Replacing him internally with a league min player saves another 1+ million on the cap. It helps the Leafs resigning their top end players, not sure how this is hard to see, tbh.
Been saying this for years, nhl gms have mismanaged the cap since its existence and some fans don’t seem to understand either

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
"TOR and OTT appear to have a tentative trade in place that would send Nikita Zaitsev to OTT in exchange for Cody Ceci. There may be another part or parts to it but the deal can’t be finalized until July 1, when TOR pays Zaitsev’s $3M signing bonus.
·

@TSNBobMcKenzie
It may well be there is a sweetener going from TOR to OTT to facilitate Zaitsev for Ceci. It could be a player (Connor Brown?) or it could be a pick. But there will no doubt be some additional piece going from TOR to OTT.

Final word on this tentative transaction: It’s tentative. LOL. Can’t happen until July 1, which in my world means there’s plenty of time where for one reason or another it could go south. But intent is there for TOR and OTT to trade Zaitsev and something for Ceci. Now we wait.

Reactions: crassbonanza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad