Speculation: [TOR/NYR] Bozak for Holden?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Holden is very clearly not a top 4 dman to me

However, I'm lead to believe his reputation around the league is that of a top 4 dman

Hockey analysts were calling Holden the Rangers best acquisition last year.

So I don't know

lawrence

May 19, 2012
HOlden is one of the worst dmans in the NHL.

Don't see Leafs giving up a Bozak for him.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
HOlden is one of the worst dmans in the NHL.

Don't see Leafs giving up a Bozak for him.

That's some nice hyperboles you have there. He's a pretty great 3rd pairing dman that can play up on the 2nd pairing in a pinch.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I never said it did. I just said he's not one of the worst dmen in the league. Clearly the Rangers would have to add if they wanted Bozak.

The problem with that is, you'd need to add a piece that's better than Holden. Leafs don't need another bottom pairing D.....we have them in spades.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The problem with that is, you'd need to add a piece that's better than Holden. Leafs don't need another bottom pairing D.....we have them in spades.

Agreed. If the Rangers want Bozak, it won't be for Holden + something else. Leafs don't need Holden at all.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
So why would the Leafs trade their 2C for a bottom pairing guy?
Makes no sense

Please show me where I said that. That was literally my first post in the thread. Why are Leafs fans jumping on me for correcting a guy who said Holden was one of the worst dmen in the league? I wasn't speaking to his value or even that I wanted Bozak. Personally, I'd prefer to see what we have.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
would rather not be giving up first rounders anymore, Gorts needs to continually be restocking the farm. That being said, there is some potential to make a deal here, depends on the motivation on both sides

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Matthews, Kadri, potentially Marleau

Whats this about your 2C?

Bozaks not our 2c, but we absolutely love our center depth.

With
Matthews
Kadri
Bozak
Moore
Aaltonen
Gauthier
Smith

Down the middle as legitimate centers, and Marleau and Nylander who are more than capable, the leafs have the deepest center depth in the league, center being one of the most important positions.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Please show me where I said that. That was literally my first post in the thread. Why are Leafs fans jumping on me for correcting a guy who said Holden was one of the worst dmen in the league? I wasn't speaking to his value or even that I wanted Bozak. Personally, I'd prefer to see what we have.

You correctly labeled him a 3rd pairing defenseman, which is a bottoming pairing guy.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Just because he's not playing in the Leafs 2C spot doesn't mean his isn't one.
He's a 55pt center, which is a good 2C (league-wide) and his value will reflect that.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

Bozaks not our 2c, but we absolutely love our center depth.

With
Matthews
Kadri
Bozaks
Moore
Aaltonen
Gauthier
Smith

Down the middle as legitimate centers, and Marleau and Nylander who are more than capable, the leafs have the deepest center depth in the league, center being one of the most important positions.

Disagree, Bozak's line was the traditional "2nd line" last year - Kadri's got the matchup duties against other teams best players and Matthews line was the one that got matched up against. In traditional labelling, Bozak's line was the 2nd

Bozak is also a 2nd line center in the context of the league, produces well better than average offense for a 2nd liner, and has defensive limitations

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Disagree, Bozak's line was the traditional "2nd line" last year - Kadri's got the matchup duties against other teams best players and Matthews line was the one that got matched up against. In traditional labelling, Bozak's line was the 2nd

Bozak is also a 2nd line center in the context of the league, produces well better than average offense for a 2nd liner, and has defensive limitations

Kadri's line was ahead in toi.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Kadri's line was ahead in toi.

I know, the "matchup" line faces the other teams top line so its icetime shadows the other teams top line

Look at the winger quality - JVR/Marner vs Komarov/66%Brown33%Nylander, clear edge to Bozak's line offensively

It's all just how we're assigning labels, but I think there's a definite case to be made that Bozak's line is what we would traditionally call the 2nd line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad