PTO: [TOR] Nikita Gusev signs PTO with the Maple Leafs

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Gusev has looked slow but has decent hands and a decent shot. He has been out played by other guys like Ho-sang. I think Gusev may get a 2 way deal. He seems to me to be 5-6th call up
IMO 1st call up is
Ho-Sang
Engvall
Brooks
Robertson
Gusev

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Gusev has looked slow but has decent hands and a decent shot. He has been out played by other guys like Ho-sang. I think Gusev may get a 2 way deal. He seems to me to be 5-6th call up
IMO 1st call up is
Ho-Sang
Engvall
Brooks
Robertson
Gusev

IMO Brooks has been better than both of them. I think he’ll stay on the roster.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
IMO Brooks has been better than both of them. I think he’ll stay on the roster.
Its tough to say, I am sure I can safely predict 11 out of 12 fwds. Its the 4LW I am unsure of. I guess I give Simmonds the benefit of the doubt.
my ideal opening night line up is
Mikheyev-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-Tavares-Nylander
Ritchie-Kerfoot-Kase
????-Kampf-Spezza
Where Simmonds has the inside edge to be in that spot, followed by any 1 of Ho-Sang, Brooks or Engvall

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Which highlights the reality that for this camp there was likely only one forward spot up for grabs, if that.

I did think going in that possibly Spezza and Simmonds didn't have their spots completely locked down, most of us just assumed as veterans (and popular locals) that just re-signed they were basically penciled in (or, at least Spezza was). So far I don't think either has played themselves out of a job, nor any of the handful vying for that last spot took it away from them.

Personally, I'd like to see Brooks gets a shot. Not just because he looked good in his time last season but as a Leafs draft pick who has been steadily working his way into a starting gig I think he's earned it.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
IMO 1st call up is
Ho-Sang
Engvall
Brooks
Robertson
Gusev

53655595.jpg

lukeleim

Dec 1, 2009
Calgary
Most likely opening game forward lineup is:
Ritchie - Matthews - Marner
Bunting - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase
Kerfoot - Spezza - Simmonds

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
IMO 1st call up is
Ho-Sang
Engvall
Brooks
Robertson
Gusev

If a two-way deal is all Gusev can get in the NHL then I think it's a no brainer for him to go back to KHL where he's a bonafide superstar.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Ya he did nothing all preseason. His chances to make the team were slim even if he played really well. They already dropped him off the Kampf-Kase line which would likely have been where he played. I doubt he'll stick in the NHL

Reactions: Gurglesons

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
He just needs a system that suits him!!!

Preferably one that is in a league that plays on ice the size of a football field against slower competition with no defencemen to speak of.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
he doesnt get a contract ...he doesnt deserve another shift to be honest

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I’d offer him 750k if a 1way is that important to him, but he’d still start the year in the A… just too many guys ahead of him (brooks/JSH deserve that 13th spot more)

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
withg Crosby, Malkin hurt and Guentzel out with Covid I think the Pens should give him a chance.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He should sign somewhere where they need some offence like Seattle. He can definitely still score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad