Proposal: (TOR) Nathan Horton, Connor Brown, Connor Carrick for (MTL) Shea Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
This trade proposal is sound, but not set in stone. If MTL fans counter by asking for a 2nd or Kapanen I will listen. This is only a trade proposal on HF Boards.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I can't imagine TOR are the only team that could use Horton's contract in a creative way.

CBA fail.

Horton being on LTIR is actually a bad thing. He counts against the cap which means bonus overages take into effect next season for cap problems the past season. i.e Teams are allowed to go OVER the cap during the season due to "LTIR" relief but if you go over that you are hit with overages for next season. With Toronto's ELCs players.. that does happen.

Reactions: tgo0

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I think this trade is creative enough to consider. I can't imagine TOR are the only team that could use Horton's contract in a creative way. I think Carrick and Brown are expendable pieces to use in a trade. I also think MTL won't get the return that they think they'll get for Weber. TOR is a rich enough franchise to take that on (but sorry not at full cost).

Literally no one else does, not Habs fans, not Leafs fans, not neutral fans. Chalk it up to a swing and miss and move on.

Gonna give props to all the Leafs fans who are calling out this asinine proposal. Rare that a larger fanbase can unite against a deal that favours their team because it's obviously lopsided.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Literally no one else does, not Habs fans, not Leafs fans, not neutral fans. Chalk it up to a swing and miss and move on.

Gonna give props to all the Leafs fans who are calling out this asinine proposal. Rare that a larger fanbase can unite against a deal that favours their team because it's obviously lopsided.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Not lopsided at all when you consider Weber's contract extends to 2026.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Weber's lost a step since he went to Montreal, still Toronto wants him they'll have to pony up Kapanen, 25 and one of Gardiner or Liljegren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad