Proposal: (TOR) Nathan Horton, Connor Brown, Connor Carrick for (MTL) Shea Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I don't see how Leafs come that much on top. They will be facing a creative ways to get rid of Weber's contract.
This is awful. There’s no way to defend your arguement. How the hell can Montreal use Hortons garbage contract as an asset like wtf. What team wants to take on an awful salary for a player that can’t even play?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am trying to be creative here.

I am not sure if MTL would like to take on Horton and his contract, but it could be used for other teams to be creative with. Possibly use it as a trade chip to PIT.
"Creative" isn't the word that comes to mind.

Reactions: Elephanto

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I think this trade is creative enough to consider. I can't imagine TOR are the only team that could use Horton's contract in a creative way. I think Carrick and Brown are expendable pieces to use in a trade. I also think MTL won't get the return that they think they'll get for Weber. TOR is a rich enough franchise to take that on (but sorry not at full cost).

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I am trying to be creative here.

I am not sure if MTL would like to take on Horton and his contract, but it could be used for other teams to be creative with. Possibly use it as a trade chip to PIT.

Your idea of creative and mine differ sightly. This would be considered pull $%#* out of your behind and thinking your not going to get a firestorm back from Habs fans and rightfully so. If you feel the urge to be creative again try it on NHL18 not here because this just make leafs fans look stupid!

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I don't know. Google it. At least see who is on VGK before you get all head strong in the wrong direction.
Google it? Are you for real? Do you know what you’re saying? VGK has all these cap dumps because they GOT ASSETS for them. How can the habs trade Horton and get an asset...they’d have to give up an asset just to trade him. Your thinking is complete backwards man.

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010
I just think that there is too much risk with Weber's contract to warrant his trade. I agree that Horton would be a basis since he would be dead cap but the Leafs would still have to add. I was thinking Kapanen+Horton+2019 2nd ???

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Google it? Are you for real? Do you know what you’re saying? VGK has all these cap dumps because they GOT ASSETS for them. How can the habs trade Horton and get an asset...they’d have to give up an asset just to trade him. Your thinking is complete backwards man.

What?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't see how Leafs come that much on top. They will be facing a creative ways to get rid of Weber's contract.

No worries Montreal will keep him . Can't wait for the next D to the TML thread . Apparently D men are very cheap to acquire if the are going to the TML as we have seen a dozen of these over the last few months and none of them offer much in the way of value

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No worries Montreal will keep him . Can't wait for the next D to the TML thread . Apparently D men are very cheap to acquire if the are going to the TML as we have seen a dozen of these over the last few months and none of them offer much in the way of value
Whoot! Now we got a thread!! Never official for me until the Oi;ers fans show up to insult we Leafs fans.:thumbu:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
They can decline or possibly suggest a counter.

More to the point:

Shea Weber's contract
Creative trade chip to other cap crunched teams.

They Decline and block the number.

If Toronto can get through from another number, they remove Horton, Brown and Carrick from the offer and start again.

More to the point:

Weber's contract is not an issue for Montreal.
Montreal isn't cap crunched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad