Confirmed with Link: [TOR/MTL] Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) & Kyle Baun for Kerby Rychel, Rinat Valiev & TOR 2nd 2018

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Teams who made playoffs last year and are as high as we are in the standings are not rebuilding teams.

Yep, we don’t need to mortgage the future but it’s unlikely that we’re going to be selling assets this deadline.

Hopefully on Tuesday we all get behind the team and don’t worry about lost assets.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
He won’t cost much because of his age. We need to stay away.

The team really shouldn’t be putting vets in places where cheaper and still developing players could occupy. It’s a different game now.

Just my opinion of course.

Totally agree. He's fine for a playoff run but it would be insane to sign him beyond that.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Calm down - personally I would trade them. We all have our opinions and we should respect that (no need to be sarcastic)

:laugh:

Nobody is lacking in calm, but your opinion lacks understanding of the situation, and is setting you up for disappointment (most likely)

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is a solid trade. We basically get a 3rd line C to play on our 4th line. Thats some real nice centre depth.

member 262271

Ugh a hab.. oh well I'm sure it will help. Start manufacturing leafs turtle necks poste haste!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Leafs still have enough cap room to acquire McDonagh, especially if the Rangers retain 50% or the Leafs send Martin back the other way.

Let's say f*** it and go all in :laugh:

:naughty:

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Trivia question.

Tomas Plekanec is now part of the Phil Kessel trade return.

Scott Harrington ---> Kerby Rychel ----> Tomas Plekanec ----> Stanley Cup

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When your core is made up of 20-21 year olds and within two wins of the Presidents Trophy, the organizational focus really shifts away from second round picks and retaining contracts.

In the offseason, I'd like to see them sign a couple of college players, get some depth guys and try to trim some fat for additional picks for 2019 and beyond, but right now, the focus is on seeing how far this team can get. Based on the last month of play this seems like the most correct thing to do.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Calm down - personally I would trade them. We all have our opinions and we should respect that (no need to be sarcastic)

this is true. (but then sarcasm is so funny sometimes!) but this is also true.
however. I honestly feel the time to trade them is over. from the word jump this season, - no rewind that, early March/April- Babcock has been saying that we need to be deeper.

we just got a LOT more deeper down the middle. i don't think, unless they take Bozak's haul to get something else to help the team RIGHT NOW -anyone is going anywhere.

Top 6 teams in the league - regardless of where you think they are in development -do not remove huge pieces of depth from their line up. Whatever issues people have with JVR/Bozak (even if it's just them being UFA), the Leafs happily can benefit from what they provide as much as the other contenders that are actually in our wheelhouse) can.

Donkey Puck

Feb 15, 2013
Valiev and Rychel both worked hard and made some strides this year. They will get a chance with Montreal. I am glad for both of them. They earned it

Reactions: draeko17

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I like the move. Our C Depth is incredible.

Hopefully we pick up a D by tomorrow as well. Ian Cole would be really nice. Would be weird for us to trade with the Habs and Sens on the same day lmao

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
this is true. (but then sarcasm is so funny sometimes!) but this is also true.
however. I honestly feel the time to trade them is over. from the word jump this season, - no rewind that, early March/April- Babcock has been saying that we need to be deeper.

we just got a LOT more deeper down the middle. i don't think, unless they take Bozak's haul to get something else to help the team RIGHT NOW -anyone is going anywhere.

Top 6 teams in the league - regardless of where you think they are in development -do not remove huge pieces of depth from their line up. Whatever issues people have with JVR/Bozak (even if it's just them being UFA), the Leafs happily can benefit from what they provide as much as the other contenders that are actually in our wheelhouse) can.

That's your point of view - which is fine

For me with or without them we are not going far so I would trade them and acquire some assets and use those assets for whatever we need in the near future instead of letting them walk

Reactions: ToMaLe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad