Confirmed with Link: [TOR/MTL] Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) & Kyle Baun for Kerby Rychel, Rinat Valiev & TOR 2nd 2018

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He will do really well here. Not 60pts pace well but not 35pts either. That is one guy that wanted out of MTL real bad I am sure and he will probably be pretty excited to contend.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Seems I’m in the majority on disliking this move. Sure Rychel wasn’t cracking lineup here and Valiev is nothing of substance but that with a 2nd? Ouch, hate losing the highish pick for a marginal upgrade on Moore.

Don’t get me wrong- Pleks is better than Moore but I just don’t love the cost

Reactions: ToMaLe

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently as of midnight tonight NHL teams can carry as many players as they want, as long as they don't exceed the cap.

So we'll likely see Dermott or Kapanen "sent down" until tomorrow morning.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Sure he's a pending UFA, but it's a price we could afford to pay as Rychel could've been lost for free to expansion or waivers, and Valiev was passed on the depth chart by others. Can't argue with using organizational strength as trade bait. Wonder if we still add on D as well?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He could resign. Also a late second. Moore has been bad, we could use an upgrade there, he totally fits the bill and the cost wasn't huge.

More the statement. But we aren’t rebuilding anymore so this is consistent.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Could have been better, but hopefully this does allow the Leafs to move on from Bozak. Plekanec can be the insurance the Leafs need to allow Nylander to transition to center, since he could easily spot Nylander as 3C if necessary.

I would not be against trading Gauthier if we are able to re-sign Plekanec for one year. Give Aaltonen one more year in the AHL, and then let Aaltonen become Plekanec 2.0 the year after that.

I also like the the Leafs are able to use Rychel and Valiev to get some retention, open up another contract spot, and to get the Marlies a good role forward.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Who the f is Baun?

He is the grandson of former Leaf Bobby Baun, who scored the winning goal for the Leafs Cup while playing on a broken foot.

the-man.jpg

This is good Karma to bring the Leafs Cup luck. :crossfing

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille