Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F David Kampf signs extension with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $2.4M AAV)

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Teams have no cap space and are giving away players for free.

I dont understand that move.

You could have Hayes who is a 50 pts player for 1M more.
Hayes would play a completely different and far less important role than what they're paying Kampf to play. If they acquired Hayes they would still be looking for someone to take the hardest defensive assignments and kill penalties.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Jarnkrok's a comparable on the club and he's earning around the same isn't he?

Kampf's three years younger?

This is a nothing-burger.

Don't mind the signing in the least.

Reactions: Lilou

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jeez, is he really that bad? $2.4mil isn't that much for a guy who can do bottom 6 center duties while potting 25+ points.

Who in free agency are you getting that can do that for cheaper?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
His stats in the past two seasons are worth the AAV. But you kind of hope the player gets passed on the depth chart rather quickly, which makes the term kind of questionable.

I don't like it.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Excellent defensively, excellent PKer, plays 15+ minutes a game, decent size, good speed, still on the right side of 30, chips in once in a while offensively, good at face offs, good positionally.

Good signing.

Aaaaaaannnd there's your problem right there

Shak19

Oct 31, 2007
Toronto
A little higher than I would like... I think 2.25 x 4 years is more appropriate.... deal should look better once cap goes up in next few years, but the guy is underrated and we do need him, as our 4th line center, shutdown line, PKer

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
His stats in the past two seasons are worth the AAV. But you kind of hope the player gets passed on the depth chart rather quickly, which makes the term kind of questionable.

I don't like it.

His stats are by far the least impressive thing Kampf does.

He literally eats heavy defensive effectively, solid on the dot, solid on the PK.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Jeez, is he really that bad? $2.4mil isn't that much for a guy who can do bottom 6 center duties while potting 25+ points.

Who in free agency are you getting that can do that for cheaper?
No he’s not bad at all.
He’s solid defensively and can move up to 3C. Ideally he’s 4C though.

Reactions: SEALBound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad