Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F David Kampf signs extension with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $2.4M AAV)

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
I'm confused by people upset. That seems like fair value for a bottom six 3rd/4th line tweener
I agree. Obviously would be better if it was cheaper but $2.5 million for an established bottom 6 guy seems not unreasonable. in comparison, I like this deal better than Jarnkrok at similar money and term.

Evergreen

Kampf is a weird guy to try to analyze. He’s very good defensively and he plays relatively big minutes, but he’s allergic to scoring. This is a great deal for a third line center, but if Kampf is your 3C, I think you’re in trouble. Just doesn’t bring anything offensively.

Contrast this to the Staal deal and it looks really bad.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
What's the outrage? Seems like an appropriate price for him.

Unless its because Leafs can't afford to pay players like him, then I guess I agree... But I'd say fair value though.

Reactions: Lilou and hullsy47

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
"Cap is going up in two years" lol. Matthews at least 2 million more, Nylander two million more, Kampf a million more.... just for starters. So at best, capped out with exactly same set of losers.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
With 2 high offensive line kampf started f
Most of the time on defensive zone and hes there in every high defensive situation...

Good sign leafs needed to keep him, his defensive game and his faveoff are too much valuable for a team to let him go.

Reactions: Lilou

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
"Cap is going up in two years" lol. Matthews at least 2 million more, Nylander two million more, Kampf a million more.... just for starters. So at best, capped out with exactly same set of losers.

And then the following year when the cap goes up another 5 mill and JTs 11 mill is off the books then what? Marner gets 1-1.5 mill of that 16 in available space.

Oh…. Wait, common sense doesn’t belong here.

Reactions: rojac

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Sakic > Shanny on the ice and off :(

And then the following year when the cap goes up another 5 mill and JTs 11 mill is off the books then what? Marner gets 1-1.5 mill of that 16 in available space.

Oh…. Wait, common sense doesn’t belong here.

lol that's 3 years away. Imagine being excited about having a potentially competitive team in 3 years all while trading futures for the last 6 years.

This org, man. Just so poorly run.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Sakic > Shanny on the ice and off :(

lol that's 3 years away. Imagine being excited about having a potentially competitive team in 3 years all while trading futures for the last 6 years.

This org, man. Just so poorly run.

Top 5 team in the league consistently is not being competitive?

Blah blah blah playoffs, I get it, but this team is and has been a contender for half a decade.

• Haha
Reactions: FinlandPanther

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Top 5 team in the league consistently is not being competitive?

Blah blah blah playoffs, I get it, but this team is and has been a contender for half a decade.
Ya, who cares about playoffs when considering contenders, right? Personally, I can't wait to hang a President's trophy banner too.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I have no faith in Treliving now...

He's going to overpay in some stupid trades with team's with no leverage...

and if he trades Nylander now, I swear I'll never watch another Leafs game until Treliving's gone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad