Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Marleau, 2020 1st Rounder (Top 10 Prot.) & 2020 7th Rounder to CAR for 2020 6th Rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I assume it's just lottery protection. If TOR makes the playoffs, CAR gets the first or something, and if not it's a 2nd or something like that.

Considering people thought it would cost us Liljegren, Sandin, Kapanen or Johnsson, this is pretty swell.

The pick is comparable in value to 3 of those players...

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Carolina...man...you just took the all the leverage off of the Gms over Toronto. Hope it was worth it. If someone takes Zaitsev without a massive OP. Dubas will be known as the greatest con artist of all time.
As was always the case and stated several times, gms are looking to improve their own teams. Not screw over the leafs.
Carolina gets a pick in the 20's and the leafs salary issues are essentially solved.
Both teams win and hf boards commiserate

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Holy crap. I would have loved for the Avs to do that.
Great work by CAR!

What a mess for Toronto...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Bahahaha. What a steep price to pay for the Leafs. Wish Gorton was all over that. A free 1st round pick!!

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Nice deal for the Canes, surprised ownership ok'd this spending but I guess that's what a playoff run will do for you.

Tough price to pay for Toronto but a necessary one. IIRC Dubas' philosophy is that it's better to have a bunch of picks rather than higher picks, so I'm not surprised he was willing to move the first rounder.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wow, only top 10 protections lol. It’s a guaranteed firsts. Avs should have been all over this. Duba sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad