Confirmed with Link: [TOR} Andreas Borgman Extended [1 year, 700K]

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This one surprises me. He's great depth to have, but I'm just surprised that he wanted to stick around here, when he doesn't stand much of a chance to play for the Leafs.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Wasn't entirely expecting this. Good to see he's sticking around. Low risk depth and even better if he becomes more than that.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Probably your #8 guy going into next year, looks good on paper. Hopefully can get through the injuries and look more like he did when he made the squad two years ago.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Surprised he's sticking around
But much better shot at making the team next year I suppose
Ehh... assuming Hainsey/Gardiner are gone, this is how I see it going into camp:

Rielly - RHD (I honestly think Kapanen/Johnsson [maybe even Kadri] for that piece)

Muzzin - Zaitsev

Dermott - Rosen/TBD

He's not waivers eligible so he'll be with the Marlies but I have to assume next year it make or break for him. He'll go back to europe if he's in a same spot a year from now.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I like Borgman, I hope he can stay healthy...

Will battle it out with Rosen to be the #6 guy next season IMO.

Holl's under contract as well. Assuming an RHD (if they trade one of Johnsson/kapanen) is brought in to pair with either Rielly/Muzzin, they have 5 locks: Rielly/Muzzin/New RHD/Dermott/Zaitsev.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Expansion viable contracts?

It doesn't really matter unless Muzzin's signed to an extension.

Rielly/Dermott are locks, with IMO the new RHD this summer as the 3rd.

Most likely option to be lost 2+ years out is Hyman/Bracco

Reactions: Keon1963

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Will Oz be back next year?

His QO is $874,125, but maybe he's tired of not being given minutes. IDK

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Holl's under contract as well. Assuming an RHD (if they trade one of Johnsson/kapanen) is brought in to pair with either Rielly/Muzzin, they have 5 locks: Rielly/Muzzin/New RHD/Dermott/Zaitsev.

Plus Liljegren and Sandin getting closer,... Both may "overcook" a little bit with the Marlies, which isn't a bad thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Ozhiganov returns too.

To Start the season, I'd try:

Rielly-RHD(Stalman?, Myers?, Trade Acquisition?)
Muzzin-Zaitsev

AND

Rosen-Dermott
or
Borgman-Dermott
or
Dermott-Ozhiganov
or
Dermott-Holl

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Plus Liljegren and Sandin getting closer,... Both may "overcook" a little bit with the Marlies, which isn't a bad thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Ozhiganov returns too.

To Start the season, I'd try:

Rielly-RHD(Stalman?, Myers?, Trade Acquisition?)
Muzzin-Zaitsev

AND

Rosen-Dermott
or
Borgman-Dermott
or
Dermott-Ozhiganov
or
Dermott-Holl

Yup. That's what could happen. Though I believe they'll try to deal Zaitsev before the draft. If not, then just trade Kapanen or Johnsson in a package.

I don't think Ozhiganov is coming back.

Reactions: TheCLAM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad