Proposal: TOR and NSH

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
If we're living in fantasy world, Josi and Ekholm would be the ask. I know it's sounds quite arrogant but I may not do that either but at least it's fair

How in the world are you a Leafs fan but would consider trading Matthews for Ekholm and Josi?

Jesus Christ sometimes our own fanbase doesn't understand how good our own players are.

Matthews is only worth 1 player in the league and Edmonton isn't trading him.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
wait josi AND subban for matthews?

Yes, I'd consider it. Not saying I'd ultimately accept it but it would be something to ponder over. We would still have Ellis and Ekholm as a top pairing. Just would need to find some depth defensemen somewhere.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
How in the world are you a Leafs fan but would consider trading Matthews for Ekholm and Josi?

Jesus Christ sometimes our own fanbase doesn't understand how good our own players are.

Matthews is only worth 1 player in the league and Edmonton isn't trading him.

I literally stated I wouldn't make that trade and in that unreal, fantasy scenario we're discussing value of a # 1 d-man and a # 2 d-men.

Get a grip

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Sorry NSH, this is no dice. Only 1 player in the league the Leafs would entertain trading Matthews for, maybe 2 (I would consider MacKinnon tbh).

No defenseman 1-for-1 would get it done.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'd move Nylander + for Subban/Josi. Not moving any of Tavares, Matthews or Marner though.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I literally stated I wouldn't make that trade and in that unreal, fantasy scenario we're discussing value of a # 1 d-man and a # 2 d-men.

Get a grip

And how in the world would even in a fantasy scenario is Matthews worth Josi and Ekholm lol, that's horrible value.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
While you were distracted by the offer, we also took Josi.

Josi and Subban for Matthews. We obviously win that deal and yet I still couldn't stomach it :(

I'd move Nylander + for Subban/Josi. Not moving any of Tavares, Matthews or Marner though.

Nylander wasn't enough to spark interest in Ellis, good luck with those two!

Reactions: Nizdizzle

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
:nashville

Matthews

:leafs

P.K. Subban

When both players are off the IR:

Toronto continues to win without Matthews in the line up. Nashville is very deep on D. If the Leafs sign Nylander and feel Matthews will ask $11 Million-ish AAV in his next contract... could this happen? Would PK be the piece that makes the Leafs cup champions?

Sweet Jesus....the Preds would jump for joy and Dubas would be run out of town.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
:nashville

Matthews

:leafs

P.K. Subban

When both players are off the IR:

Toronto continues to win without Matthews in the line up. Nashville is very deep on D. If the Leafs sign Nylander and feel Matthews will ask $11 Million-ish AAV in his next contract... could this happen? Would PK be the piece that makes the Leafs cup champions?
I personally don’t like Matthews, and I know this is a terrible trade for Toronto if a trade like this would occur it would have to start with Josi +

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I’m sure there’s a couple trades that could be made not including McJesus

Nothing realistic that's for sure. He's not getting moved for anybody else in the league 1-1 without a doubt. And the package that it would take to pry him away would have to be a beyond ridiculous overpayment starting with a piece of similar value (think Eichel+). Either way, no sense in debating what that would be on here because it wouldn't be a fair value trade. That's kind of the point.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Nothing realistic that's for sure. He's not getting moved for anybody else in the league 1-1 without a doubt. And the package that it would take to pry him away would have to be a beyond ridiculous overpayment starting with a piece of similar value (think Eichel+). Either way, no sense in debating what that would be on here because it wouldn't be a fair value trade. That's kind of the point.
1-1 maybe not for right now but everybody has there price

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
1-1 maybe not for right now but everybody has there price

Agreed. But that astronimcal price is just not something another team would be realisticaly willing to meet and it's definitely not something fans on here will ever agree on so it's a dead end conversation. All trade threads involving McDavid or Matthews play out the exact same way so I don't see the point in going down that road.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Agreed. But that astronimcal price is just not something another team would be realisticaly willing to meet and it's definitely not something fans on here will ever agree on so it's a dead end conversation. All trade threads involving McDavid or Matthews play out the exact same way so I don't see the point in going down that road.
Completely agree I just find people over value Matthews a little to much right now

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
Really? I wouldn’t trade Hedman, Jones, Dahlin and potentially a few others like Provorov, Doughty or McCavoy for Matthews. I think it’s best to say there are not MANY defenceman who would fetch Matthews in a trade rather than spit some horse **** like only Dahlin and 2x first lmao
Nope not one single set worth Matthews not one. Provorov,McCavoy lol wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad