The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:nashville

Matthews

:leafs

P.K. Subban

When both players are off the IR:

Toronto continues to win without Matthews in the line up. Nashville is very deep on D. If the Leafs sign Nylander and feel Matthews will ask $11 Million-ish AAV in his next contract... could this happen? Would PK be the piece that makes the Leafs cup champions?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sounds like there isn't any appetite for this trade from the Toronto side. I wasn't trying to troll. I was trying to figure out a way to get a RHD PMD to Toronto and fit him under the cap.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Sounds like there isn't any appetite for this trade from the Toronto side. I wasn't trying to troll. I was trying to figure out a way to get a RHD PMD to Toronto and fit him under the cap.
Well i can tell you with much confidence that trading Matthews is not the right way. Holy crap man....i'm willing to bet as an Oilers fan you wouldn't even to Drai (won't even mention McD) for Subban, and you could use Subban more than us.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Teams generally don't trade their best player to fill another organizational need

Reactions: Gainesvillain

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012

Have you tried applying the same interest in fixing the Edmonton Oilers yet - because they're in need of far more attention than Toronto/Nashville.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well i can tell you with much confidence that trading Matthews is not the right way. Holy crap man....i'm willing to bet as an Oilers fan you wouldn't even to Drai (won't even mention McD) for Subban, and you could use Subban more than us.

I am a big fan of PK Subban and have been since he was in Montreal. I might be a bit biased and over-valuing him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Ok, i am assuming you are an Oilers fan (avatar), would you trade Drai for him?

I'd think about it. If we were one player away from contention I'd really think about it. The problem is the Oilers have multiple issues and PK couldn't fix everything that is wrong here.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I'd think about it. If we were one player away from contention I'd really think about it. The problem is the Oilers have multiple issues and PK couldn't fix everything that is wrong here.
Realistically you guys would deal Drai for subban in a heartbeat. There are really only a few players in the league that would make sense in a 1 for 1 trade for Matts and even Subban doesn't fit that bill. Remember how much Lindros fetched before he played a game? Well we have a proven 40 goal scorer that can justifiably get more in return.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
you forgot to add Marner and Liljigren...

is this what it feels like to have players other teams want?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
PK is a good Dman.....but is older then AM and not a franchise player. Leafs pass easily

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad