Proposal: TOR and NSH

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Really? I wouldn’t trade Hedman, Jones, Dahlin and potentially a few others like Provorov, Doughty or McCavoy for Matthews. I think it’s best to say there are not MANY defenceman who would fetch Matthews in a trade rather than spit some horse **** like only Dahlin and 2x first lmao
Probably wouldn’t take any of those guys in a hypothetical 2 for 1 for Matthews if it was even possible. There’s literally one player in the entire nhl I’d move Matthews for, I don’t think Edmonton is at that point though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Really? I wouldn’t trade Hedman, Jones, Dahlin and potentially a few others like Provorov, Doughty or McCavoy for Matthews. I think it’s best to say there are not MANY defenceman who would fetch Matthews in a trade rather than spit some horse **** like only Dahlin and 2x first lmao
Neither would I, but that doesn't necessarily mean Toronto would take such a deal if offered. And since Matthews is a Maple Leaf and not being shopped, ultimately their assessment of that sort of thing is what's going to matter.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Neither would I, but that doesn't necessarily mean Toronto would take such a deal if offered. And since Matthews is a Maple Leaf and not being shopped, ultimately their assessment of that sort of thing is what's going to matter.

I think Dubas would jump on Matthews for Jones especially since tavares signed. That would solve so many problems (cap issues, RHD, enough money to keep Nylander/Kapanen/Gardiner). Not to mention they would be a better overall team all around.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
:nashville

Matthews

:leafs

P.K. Subban

When both players are off the IR:

Toronto continues to win without Matthews in the line up. Nashville is very deep on D. If the Leafs sign Nylander and feel Matthews will ask $11 Million-ish AAV in his next contract... could this happen? Would PK be the piece that makes the Leafs cup champions?
:laugh:

sorry but just no

as has been stated before, if the Leafs feel that Matthews ask is way too much(they'll know by the draft), rather then wait for someone to offer sheet him, they'll work a deal with Calgary for Monahan ++

the Leafs in this way will still have great depth down the middle, any money saved will go into a Dman

just think years of Matty v McD v Schieffle

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Sounds like there isn't any appetite for this trade from the Toronto side. I wasn't trying to troll. I was trying to figure out a way to get a RHD PMD to Toronto and fit him under the cap.

Start from the bottom and move up, not the top and then down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00