Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Jhonas Enroth to ANA for 7th in 2018

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
With how much everyone here allegedly loves hockey, it shocks me how much people consider the AHL to be some afterthought.

If you have the right roster, making NHL moves to fit an AHL agenda is massive for your organization as a whole. You want your intermediary prospects developing in an environment with reliable goaltending (or offense or leadership or defense or whathaveyou). You don't just leave them out to dry with ECHL scrubs when you want to cultivate as much of that roster for NHL purposes as you can.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Imagine if this were the biggest trade before the trade deadline? Hopefully, though, this means we should be expecting to see some trades real soon (though the bulk will obviously be in late-February before the March 1st trade deadline)!

That said, lol: one team traded not much in exchange for not much. Maybe this could mean the end of Bernier with the Ducks.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Leafs will use the 7th to draft a goalie and trade him to Anaheim in five years for John Gibson.

In 2022 the Leafs will be looking for an established goalie, while the Ducks will get the younger goalie they need for their rebuild. The rebuild will of course begin in 2021 when Getzlaf's baldness begins spreading to Corey Perry.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
So the leafs arguably upgrade their backup situation and get a 7th for it. It's not a home run by any stretch, but shrewd moves by Lou nonetheless. I'm pleased with this. Thanks anh!

AustonMarner*

Dec 26, 2016
Toronto
if hes claimed off waivers hes gotta be on the nhl roster..i dont think they want him for the nhl team lol

What was there to lose anyway? If someone else picked him up, meh. Who cares though whatever happened happened, Leafs got 7th and I'm happy.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Anaheim GM is pretty dumb, could've had for free when he was on the waivers. I guess that works for us.

Yea but then they'd have to pay Toronto the waiver fee and make room for Enroth on the roster while they waited to waive him again.

There's a reason why he went straight to San Diego (to play for them).

Not really dumb now, is it?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What? Why the hell do we want Enroth?
Buyers remorse over Bernier? Who knows?:laugh:
Murray/Lou love each other.

That was my first though, they've become best buds with some trades the past few months.

Maybe Murray called up Lou and gave him the business for sending Bernier over there. And Lou is punishing him by telling him since he got fresh, he's gonna be taking on Enroth now

Or else....:naughty:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
We likely just got more from the Ducks for Enroth than we'll ever get from that Bernier trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad