Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Jhonas Enroth to ANA for 7th in 2018

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Glad we got anything for him with McElhinney's arrival, ensures Enroth doesn't take starts from Bibeau/Sparks in the AHL (Glass also released from PTO).

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I believe he's an upcoming FA. Cap hit can be buried in minors.

Tokarski got hurt recently. Maybe his injury is more serious than they initially thought.

Obviously an AHL move. It's a 7th in 2018 so if it helps SD; I'm all for it.

Yep

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ducks acquiring all the Leafs backups. First Bernier, now Enroth. Will trade a draft pick at the deadline for McElhinney. :sarcasm:

Hey we've already had McElhinney when we had about 17 different goaltenders in 10-11. The only thing I remember when he played for us is he had to leave a game after the cage on his mask broke and cut him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ummm thanks? That's an asset I never thought I'd see. It's only a 7th but still a 7th more than I thought we'd have for Enroth at this point.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it's hilarious how much these two teams love one another

i've honestly lost count of all the trades they've made the past 6-7 years. not to mention the leafs last 3 coaches have been former ducks coaches

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Why is Anaheim taking all of Toronto's failed back ups?

if you include gibson (pick that selected him), that's 8 goalie trades between the 2 teams in like 6 years

seems like it's a ritual... maybe even an addiction

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Ducks acquiring all the Leafs backups. First Bernier, now Enroth. Will trade a draft pick at the deadline for McElhinney. :sarcasm:

They also took back Toskala in a trade waaaay back when and then the Ducks traded Toskala for Curtis McElhinney ....who is the Leafs new backup.

Good lord.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
it's hilarious how much these two teams love one another

i've honestly lost count of all the trades they've made the past 6-7 years. not to mention the leafs last 3 coaches have been former ducks coaches

And the last two Ducks coaches have been former Leafs...

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Excellent deal for us. Enroth was a waste of contract space and a roster blocker which I thought we wouldn't get rid of until his contract expired. Getting a legit pick out of him, even if it is only a 7th, is amazing. Plus we are back to 47 contracts which is even nicer.

Hope he has better luck over in Anaheim/San Diego. Quickly fell out of favour here that's for sure.

Tyler Myers

Feb 8, 2009
Sydney
Smart move from both sides. Correct me if I am wrong but if you pick up a player from waiver you gave to keep him up in the NHL for the rest of the season. Obviously the Ducks are not looking to do that so they give up a 7th to help their farm team. For Toronto? No need to explain... Ahha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad